GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,I have gone to Camcorder video forums and being I am not High Tech I understood nothing. My Question: I am buying a Sony HDR CX110 camcorder and it has a built in mic.I know I will get wind noise but would like to be able to erase that and add music. Is it possible? I am going to Cody Wyoming in 6 days and would like to have an idea of the best way to do this if possible. Thanks for any input.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
You will do that in your editing software. You should be able to remove or mute the audio track created by the video camera and add a music track. Do you have an editing software yet? I use a Mac with iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

You should also have the option of partially muting the audio if you want to, so you can hear some of the camera's audio behind the music. The editing software will give you all your options.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will do that in your editing software. You should be able to remove or mute the audio track created by the video camera and add a music track. Do you have an editing software yet? I use a Mac with iMovie or Final Cut Pro.

You should also have the option of partially muting the audio if you want to, so you can hear some of the camera's audio behind the music. The editing software will give you all your options.
It is suppose to come with an editing software..I think its called PMA but I will buy whatever it takes to do it right. I use a PC,Windows 7 .Thanks for easing my mind on this.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My Vado came with software that can be accessed online. Windows Media Player and Realplayer both accommodate it. I've used all three and have gotten got some pretty good results. I'm still learning and forget what I'm doing between uses. I think WMP may be a little faster and more user friendly.

·
Registered
424 Posts
editing software will allow that. Personally I use Pinnacle Studio. plenty of good choices including free ones.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all..I keep searching and I THINK I also have this in Windows Live Movie maker..I will put on some video AFTER I return from Cody and Beartooth pass IF I am successful..Appreciate the help.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I think Windows 7 comes with video editing capabilities, limited, but still capable. You may have to download and install it, but it is free.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm an not expert, but... I'm pretty sure you can control the volume of video sound using Windows Live Movie Maker. Select the project tab, then select audio mix. It will let you favor the added audio track over the video audio (or visa versa). I assume it will also let you mute the video audio even if you don't add an audio track. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts