GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a couple of redline s in my last few rides. These have been in 1st gear when I weas a little excited to get going and wasn"t paying attention. Anything to worry about other tahn my impatience?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Red line

Nothing to worry about,the bike has a Rev Limiter that won't allow you to damage the engine.I'm sure you felt the result of trying to overrev..Jim

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
The only thing to worry about is that an engine wears faster during hard acceleration than at any other time.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wanderer said:
The only thing to worry about is that an engine wears faster during hard acceleration than at any other time.
Actually I believe most engine wear occurs upon cold startup.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
springbike said:
I have had a couple of redline s in my last few rides.
The redline action will get your attention back! The first thought is, "Damn, what's wrong?" It's a relief to find it is only a disconnect between the throttle operation apperatis and the throttle position controller unit.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
WVGuy said:
Wanderer said:
Actually I believe most engine wear occurs upon cold startup.
You're correct that a lot of engine wear occurs at start up on through engine temperature normalization. But if it's just at idle, the wear will be much less than that of hard acceleration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts