GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Hondaline trunk spoiler on the Red Rhino. Honda put these neat little "teats" molded on the inside of the trunk so the template is not necessary for drilling the holes. Took her out for a spin. Added 15mph to the top end and 5mpg to the mileage. What a great performance addition!:joke:

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just installed a Hondaline trunk spoiler on the Red Rhino. Honda put these neat little "teats" molded on the inside of the trunk so the template is not necessary for drilling the holes. Took her out for a spin. Added 15mph to the top end and 5mpg to the mileage. What a great performance addition!:joke:
And, eliminates the dread crush washer issue and allows you to get an extra 16,000 miles between oil changes!

Cleans your air filter on the fly, too.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that crush washer's a big deal. Only way I could justify the spoiler was the brake light and that it improved the look of the back of the GW. It doesn't make my _ss look big, does it?:lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
" It doesn't make my _ss look big, does it? "

Well actually, maybe just a little :eek:4:
:joke:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Honda put these neat little "teats" molded on the inside of the trunk so the template is not necessary for drilling the holes.
LOL - I used the templete to make sure I found those little teats correctly - they are tiny.

I like the extra downforce on entry and exit of the turns ... I did have to take out a round of wedge on the right front turn signal though so it would roll through the turns freely. :lol:

Single best cosmetic / functional (brake light) add-on that I have added .... especially for the 2012 cosmetically.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, It's been a stressful two weeks. Amazing how installing an accessory and some GL1800 humor can improve the day. :lol:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I added the rear spoiler for the extra brake light.

I may look silly but I feel some what safer

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't think a spoiler looks "Silly" I think they look Sharp.
I just wish they didn't cost so much.

Fred no offence But if you don't like the 2012 wing why did you get one?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I added the rear spoiler for the extra brake light.

I feel some what safer
:agree:

I like the way if "finished" off the back end and to me it made it all flow together better. ;) And the benefit of the added brake light was a plus.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
spoiler looks good.

I prefer spoilers on my 1800's, they look silly with no spoiler for me. ALso extra brake lite near the eye view height of cagers if they are looking forward as they drive

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Greg, Thanks for the URL. I'll get on line and order one this weekend. I was looking for that harness adapter. Gracias!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great

You guys are good!:coffee1:

·
Registered
100 Posts
different color

My red spolier has a little different color. Dealer called mother ship they said bike painted in Japan and spolier painted in states. I can live with it
Brian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts