GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I took a little trip this week to the Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge. There are some really nice roads over there with some great scenery to boot. We took 11 from Slade to Beattyville which is pretty good, but 52 to Richmond is really fun. Crossed the Kentucky River at the Valley View Ferry and on to Louisville. Almost 400 miles total, great get-away and the Natural Bridge is something to behold. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Courious as to whether the Gorge Visitor Center was open. I think they had it closed a lot last year.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is below the lodge I'm not sure, we didn't go down there until after we ate dinner which was a little late. Went straight to the lodge when we arrived to get a room and hit the trails.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nada

Yeah, great scenery anytime ya go. Should be really pretty in about two weeks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sky Bridge and Nada Tunnel

My old "stompin' grounds", 30 years ago. Next time you visit the area you might try Sky Bridge and many Bikers like to ride thru Nada Tunnel.
ME; not so much! Good road(narrow and challenging) from Sky Bridge to the back side of Nada.
Talking about that area can anyone shed light on the where-abouts of Raven Rock. I put a 77 Goldwing on top of that place. Wouldn't do that again. Just young and stupid! AND it was way less scary goin' up than it was comin' down. They use to para sail off that place. Several fatalities and I heard they shut it down. I seem to remember that it was near Sky Bridge on the road to Nada Tunnel. Any locals that can help?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The wife and I just finished a little ride from central Ky down to Nashville, picking up the Natchez Trace, overnighting in Tupelo, then on down to Natchez for the night. Returning up the west side of Ms via 61 I believe, and stopping at Vicksburg for the tour of the National Park there. Very interesting. For the night we stopped at a place called Cleveland, Ms. Then on up to Memphis to another overnight at NAS Memphis at Millington. From there we went on up to Ky Dam Village SP for the night. The next day we headed on towards home..a total of 1300 miles. Great weather, little windy the last two days, but sunny. Completed just in time considering our weather now sucks...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We rode down that way in June but only went as far as Ackerman. The April tornadoes sure did some damage along the Trace as well as other parts of the state. One section seemed like trees were snapped off for several miles. The wife and I rode to Mammoth Cave on Monday this week, twas a great day to be on a bike. Came back across 88 to 62 and rode through your hometown on the way back home. Looks like a nice place.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yep, if you came through Clarkson via hwy88 to 62 you could have thrown a rock and hit my house in Grayson Springs....Another subject...I see we have lost another Honda Dealer in our area...in Elizabethtown...closed its doors about two weeks ago...my next closest one is Louisville I guess...Too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts