GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 564 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Rock Ride PRESCOTT Arizona (this is it) VENUE CHANGE!!!

The Red Rock Ride in Prescott Arizona. October 23,24,25 is ON!!!

NOTICE THE VENUE CHANGE!!!

I am moving this ride to BASE out of Prescott, AZ. Prescott is only a short ride from Sedona. I have secured the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS Hotel for 79.99 per night. I am going to post a NEW thread due to the drastic change. Because of the cost to stay in Sedona, I feel this will be much more affordable for everyone. I will be getting a website up as soon as I can. I will also be posting some of the GREAT rides we will be able to do out of Prescott. I know Sedona is were lots of folks wanted to go and we will be going there. We will just be staying were it is much more cost effective.
Holiday Inn Express
PRESCOTT

3454 RANCH DR
PRESCOTT, AZ 86303 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-928-4458900 | Hotel Fax: 1-928-7782629

This is a GATHERING. Come to Arizona during the BEST time of the year for our weather. The Grand Canyon is an EASY day ride up and back. Lots of great scenerie. Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Prescott etc etc...

The website is up and running (thanks Dave!!!). Lots of information on the site. Download the rides (thanks Wayne), check out some neat pictures all here....

http://redrockride.org

New information!!! The Dinner site has been picked "The Palace Restaurant and Saloon". We will be having a Saturday Night Dinner at this location. This is VERY historical Saloon and Restaurant. They offer Live entertainment and a very good choice of food on the Menu. Dinner reservation are set for 7:00 pm. The restaurant is large enough to accomadate our entire group for one seating. Check out this location at:

http://www.historicpalace.com/index.html

This Hotel is offering a bike washing area, HOT breakfast in the morning is included. Towels and wash buckets will be provided.

Camping is availible in MANY surrounding ares of Prescott and Sedona.

We will be having a Saturday Night get together with some great prizes and I am working on LIVE entertainment!!!

My E-Mail Address is [email protected] or you can PM me for questions. My Cell number is 480-283-3045

Being my first time I am sure I have left some details off this first post so let me know what questions you have and I will get the answer.

See everyone there.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I am reBooked for Prescott:thumbup:
That will be on my Birthday
whoo hoo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Alright let the plannin begin....I am booked and since I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Arizona before I will be lookin' forward to the rides and meeting some new folks and hopefully will see some of you that attended Rockies Gold this past year :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Just maybe ............ will keep you posted Brother.

It may JUST be a last minute thing.

Give us a call on SKYPE sometime.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Just made my reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (23, 34, 25 Oct). Thanks for getting this great rate -- I checked on line, and the place is VERY nice and also expensive, so this is a great deal. Should be a lot of fun!!!!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Keep in mind folks for those who are so inclined and/or want less expensive rooms, that Prescott and Flagstaff are only 25 miles away. One to the South and one to the North.

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
A Rally Close to Home - great!!

Keep in mind folks for those who are so inclined and/or want less expensive rooms, that Prescott and Flagstaff are only 25 miles away. One to the South and one to the North.
The ride from Flag to Sedona _is_ one of the better rides - too many cages on that road, though.

Okay, now that we have dates, time for me to get plans on the calendar at work. :yes1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
:joke::joke::joke::joke:Why? They told me when I called that they had this guy Wayne's credit cad and that he was paying for the first 5 folks who signed-up, so I was good to go!!!!!!!!!!:joke::joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
It's on the calendar. Family in CHino Valley so I may stay with them. What's a few extra miles anyway?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
That's good Dave, I've got that card specially linked to Kevin's. Bring friends:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
This is good, me and the wife will be there....and I'll save Oldguy and Kevin some money and stay with friends in Sedona :chat:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
PODO is reserved !!!!

Not really, if you know PODO, :shock: but we got our rooms !!

R³ here we come !!!
PODO Reserved? I don't think so.

We're signed up also. Looking forward to riding in AZ.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Can't thank you enough; I've been thinking about visiting Sedona on the bike for quite some time. In fact, my wife and I have been encouraging friends that live in Phoenix to pick a date for us to meet there. If they get their act together, we may go earlier in the year (probably April) and then decide if we can come back. But if we aren't able to get together with them, October will be perfect, so I made our reservations. Thanks again!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks CD for the bump. Yes there will be a sign up sheet. I am getting a little help from a fellow member (thanks Dave) on a simple web site. I need to get some info over to him to get it started.

·
Registered
792 Posts
For those that don't want to stay in the high rent district, there are 5 or 6 nice motels in Cottonwood plus B&B's also Jerome have one high dollas hotel and B&B's. Cottonwood is 14 miles from Sedona with 4 lane roads and Jerome is 21 miles with very good roads all the way. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
With all of the discussion about staying somewhere other than the hotel in Sedona, I'm beginning to wonder what is going on. I know that the economy is tight these days, but for events such as these part of the big draw for me is the hanging around the host hotel in the evenings. If everyone is staying all over the place it will definitely have an impact on the gathering -- in a negative way. I've been down that way quite a few times, usually staying in Prescott, so I was looking forward to staying at this really nice place in Sedona at a greatly-reduced rate, but I do not want to be there alone.

Thoughts from others who are going to be participating in this gathering?????

1 - 20 of 564 Posts