GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember that a good friend and fellow board member, Bill Kelso, a.k.a. "RedWilly" passed unexpectedly this past winter due to complications after heart surgery. I spoke with his wife, Marilyn, this evening and she would like to extend an invitation to his friends and riding companions here on the forum for an open-house celebration in memory of Bill on Sunday, May 4, 2014, from 1:30-4:00 pm at Plum Creek Golf Club, 12500 Linwood Drive, Carmel, Indiana, 46033.
There will be food, laughter, pictures and stories shared as we remember Bill's many kindnesses given and many miles ridden, and offer comfort to his friends and family. Marilyn is hoping to have his Wing (and trailer, of course!) at the club, and is looking forward to seeing his friends and fellow riders.
If you have questions, PM me here at the forum. I'll try to check in every few days for messages, and will answer your questions as best I can. Please don't hesitate to leave a message here for Marilyn. She does not have a forum membership, but I'll be sending her a link to this thread so that she'll be able to see what is posted.
If you have pictures of Bill, please post them here, also.
I hope that we'll see some of you in Carmel in May!

Rich and Becky

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I pllan to be returning from a little trip to Tennessee on May 4th. I will try very hard to route myself through Carmel for the memorial. Red Willy was a friend and we enjoyed many times together. One of the really good guys.
Becky: thanks for the notice.

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Thanks for bumping the thread, I somehow missed it when originally posted.

Little early to say for sure but I hope to make it :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Mike, It would be great to see you again. Sure hope you can make it.

Ross

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Don't know why I hadn't seen this before now. This will be a good warm up ride for the TLR. Hope I can make it.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Don't know why I hadn't seen this before now. This will be a good warm up ride for the TLR. Hope I can make it.
I hope to see you there with "my" trailer. hehehe By the way I have something for you that I found.......................It goes with the trailer.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the bumps and to those who have replied. Yes, we will be there, and will be looking forward to seeing those who can make it. Rick, we'll pass along your message, if Marilyn hasn't already seen it.
Ron sent me a link to some pics that include Bill. Click to view. Thank you, Ron, and thanks for the nice note, too:
I (we) first met Bill at a Wisconsin Dells Breakfast ride about 6 or 7 years ago. These pictures were taken at the Smoky Mountain Ride In 2009 and 2012. Mary and I enjoyed these visits with his great sense of humor, knowledge, and all around good guy.
See you all soon.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Just a bump with a question.

Can anybody recommend a place to stay nearby? Since I'm going to ride down Sunday morning, I'd like to spend the night there and ride back Monday.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Just a bump with a question.

Can anybody recommend a place to stay nearby? Since I'm going to ride down Sunday morning, I'd like to spend the night there and ride back Monday.

I do not know the Carmel area all that well but I am sure it has plenty of Motels in the area. Do not know what you prefer but I am sure you can find one online with the location.

Looking forward to seeing you. 5Ross

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Thanks Ross. Just wanting to avoid the bad places.

Looking forward to spending some time with old friends that no longer hang around on here.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Just a reminder, this is happening on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts