GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To say 2013 was a bad year is to say life is not worth living. I lost the love of my life in May, 2103
and I though there was not much else to live for. Losing a spouse is, to say the least, one of the most
tragic and life changing events anyone could want to bear. No one, let me repeat, NO ONE can imagine what it is like unless, God forbid, you actually go through it.
It has been almost nine months since my Maria has been gone and I have finally come to the realization that
she is never coming back and that I must, for my own survival, move ahead. Easier said than done when you have been married for 47 years and been together for 50. I went from living with my mom and dad to starting a home with this woman who I absolutely cherished.
I have played the blame game and blamed myself for not having the presence of mind to do more. I have blamed God for taking her too soon in our life, (she was only 66) and I have blamed the doctors for not finding her cancerearlier and giving her a chance at life.
But now it is time to let go of all that negativity and to focus on me living as a productive life as possible.
It is time to begin to live MY life as I want to and not try to be someone I am not for the sake of perception,
It is time to move ahead and smile and laugh again. These are all the right and most difficult things to do
but I have to do it for me.
I live down here in FL from October to May without my trike because I do not want to drive alone anymore but in October of 2014 I plan to trailer my trike South from Rhode Island, for the first time and start living again.
For those of you who have lost your significant "other" first let me offer my sympathies, but most of all you certainly know what I mean here. Like I said, many are sympathetic and appreciate what I am saying but unless you have experienced such a loss you will never fully understand the loneliness and sadness that goes along with it. More importantly, I hope you will never feel what me and my family have felt because of the loss of this good and caring woman. Life is precious and I plan to make the best of what little time I have left because our life spans are but a speck in eternity. I never wanted to be a lone wolf but without that constant chatter in my headphones I have no choice. So as Willie Nelson said "On The Road Again" ! I wish you all well and happiness and just one favor, If you smoke, please try to quit and if you already quit congratulations. My best to all!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry for your lose

So sorry for your lose. I can only imagine your how you feel. Your wife will live on in your memories and I am sure you have many. Hope to meet you on the road somewhere.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Foreveryoung,
I do well remember your post when this all occurred and your feeling of loss of your partner for many years. As I said then and will repeat "GOD" has a plan for everyone, sometimes his plan comes to quickly for us but we must fight thru this pain with our family's support. You are on the right track to success and it will still have its bumps along the way but know that along with your real family, you also have your trike family to support you also! To cold to ride now but when you get back to RI take a little trip to get those cobwebs off and celebrate Maria's joyous life with you together, She would like that I bet.

Just remember we all think about these things and we will keep you in our prayers.. Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts