GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a source for the highly reflective safety stickers to put on my hard hat at work (may also put on motorcycle helmet, (there, it's motorcycle related)). I have seen them shaped like a lightning bolt. I searched google and did not find what I was looking for. Any ideas?

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
559 Posts
Update your version of google. I searched "reflective stickers" and came up with all sorts of reflective stuff.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Marine store, you want to get "Solas" rated reflectors (safety of life at sea)...oh and put some on the bottom of the bike, in case you go down at night it may help keep you from getting hit by a car if the bike is laying on it's side.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
warprints, I did find many, many reflective stickers, just not the ligthning bolts I wanted. I suppose I could just get some reflective material and cut out my own pattern, but I'm rather lazy and not very artistic.

I tried both the sites other's posted, but no luck. Thanks to all who responded.

Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally found what I wanted. I saw the ones on fleabay, but too expensive. Amazon had the right thing in a pack of 4 for $4.95. Thanks again all.
edit: Ok, I found the same thing on ebay for the same price. Some times it just takes a little kick in the a$$ to make some one look hard enough.
Joe in Modesto

·
Registered
559 Posts
Glad you found what you were looking for.
I like the idea of putting reflective tape on the bottom of the bike. Hope no-one ever has to rely on it tho.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bottom of the bike idea is a good one. Trouble is a person would have to really work on keeping it clean underneath. I don't think I have ever cleaned the bottom of my wing. I did take a look once and the cleaning idea soon passed.

Joe in Modesto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts