GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had the issue with the screen fogging but that happens with new units as well. I had a replacement in about a week.

·
Registered
503 Posts
intruder said:
Just like new love my 2610 that was refurbished can't tell it from a new one.
"DITTO" would buy another in a heartbeat

·
Registered
495 Posts
I also would buy a refurbished again. Looks and works as good as new.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought my refurbished 2610 3 yrs ago, it is used daily with no problems. Would do it again, without question.

G

·
2 year old refurbed 2610 here also. Never a problem and looked brand new when I first got it. All accessories were new in sealed bags. I wouldn't worry about a refurb and if/when I ever upgrade, I'll do it again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
blackwing,
tvnav.com
They are in Olathe and seem to have a connection to Garmin.
I think that you are mistaken. Garmin is located in Olathe, KS. TVNAV is located in Hays, KS. Darrel's "connection" to Garmin is simple -- he's a factory-authorized dealer.

From what I've heard and read from folks that have purchased from TVNAV, Darrel is very customer-oriented and bends over backwards to keep his customers happy. Too bad all the Garmin dealers are not this good...!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Just bought a refurbished 2610.
No way to tell between new and refurbished except the box was marked "newly overhauled" on a blue sticker.
Great unit.
Still learning how to use all it's features and have found the best way for me to do that is riding as a passenger in a car.
That way I can "play" with the unit and not have to worry about driving.
I would not hesitate to buy another Garmin product that was factory refurbished.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I read a claim about refurbished products from the Juki sewing machine company that made alot of sense. Juki's experience was that they had fewer returns for repairs on refurbished units than new ones. They said more time was spent testing, repairing, and retesting the refurbished units than the initial testing on new units.

I had a friend who worked for Atari (remember them?) years ago, and he told me Atari had no quality control department. The buying public was their QC department. Their policy on returned defective products was to give the customer a new one, no questions asked. He said the dual benefits were: the company saved millions by not testing new units, and the public had increased confidence in the company and its products because of their "replace with no questions asked" policy. I can't tell you the number of times I heard, "That Atari really stands behind their products." Of course, we all know what happened to Atari. It was an interesting, but unsuccessful marketing technique, though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Refurb

Rick try getfeetwet.com That's where I got my 2610 and I haven't had a minutes problem. I know there are other places but from what searching I did they seemed to be the most popular.

LTH

G

·
Re: Refurb

LTH said:
Rick try getfeetwet.com That's where I got my 2610 and I haven't had a minutes problem. I know there are other places but from what searching I did they seemed to be the most popular.

LTH
X 2 :wink:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
E-bay !!!!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ebay is one place, but you have to look for “with all warrantees” etc.
No warranty if you are buying a “used” product from someone.
I just got one after bidding on ebay and giving up when I found my factory refurbished cheaper by going to Amazon.com.
There you can get a good price (I paid $250.00) from a “dealer”.
Now you have a factory refurbished unit will full factory warranty.
I also shopped at getfeetwet but there were none available. I didn’t find that out untill I started the buying process. They were advertised on the page but “out of stock” when you got to ordering it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bought a refurb

Thanks everyone, I took the plunge and bought a 2720 factory refurbished unit with a one year warranty from an authorized dealer off E-bay. WWW.Edgegps.com. Won the bid at 455.00 + shipping. should arrive Tuesday,Jan. 31. Company was great to do business with,one hour after PAY-PAL payment was made they e-mailed saying it had been shipped with a tracking #. They have a 100% e-bay rating.

Now, who uses what mounting system? I'm leaning toward the V&P dash bracket . Also what power /audio cable?

Once again Thank You one and all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts