GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of REG risers and I like the new position but when I look in the mirrors all I see is my hands. I can see what is on either side of me but I have zero visibility to the rear to see what is coming up behind me. This is especially scary at a stop because I can't see who is coming too fast to stop without clobbering me.

Anyone have suggestions for auxiliary mirrors or some other way of being able to check my 6? Should mention that I have Baker wings installed on the bottom of the mirrors.

Thanks,

Jeff in hot but dark and stormy Naples, FL

·
Chard Member
13,047 Posts
Yep, when you move the bars back and out you will lose part of the mirrors.

When I installed my last risers I adjusted the bars in a hair so I could see more than my large hands in the mirror. LOL....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red,

Big hands aren't my problem. It's my over sized butt (thanks Mom) that pushes me so far toward the tank that I need the bars as far forward as possible. The big gut (from Dad) also get in the way of tight turns with the bars to the rear.

There has to be some sort of mirror out there for this because even without the risers my rearward view was limited. If I take my hand off the grip and lean out a bit I can see fine but that is not what I would call a really safe habit.

Are you going on the Coast to Coast ride next month? I'm thinging of trying it with my son but am leaving the next weekend for my annual ride to PA so the boss may have things on her list for me.

Jeff in hot but wet and gloomy Naples, FL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts