GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used set of REG risers from a board member and the set was missing the black plugs that cover the bolts.

Anyone know where I can get a set of plugs???

Thanks

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Look up REG here on this board and send him a PM, I bet he will know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Black Plugs

I have the original Reg Risers and did not like the semi-chrome covers that came with them so I went to Lowe's (much like a Home Depot) and bought two black ones. About a buck fifty if I remember right. They are in a drawer on the aisle with all the misc. bolts, washers, fittings, etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Black Plugs

I have the original Reg Risers and did not like the semi-chrome covers that came with them so I went to Lowe's (much like a Home Depot) and bought two black ones. About a buck fifty if I remember right. They are in a drawer on the aisle with all the misc. bolts, washers, fittings, etc.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
As stated, Lowes, Ace Hardware etc. They are 1 inch hole covers.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
KTBLUE, I got a set of reg risers couple of months ago and went to Lowes and got both black and chrome plugs for to fill the holes, using chrome right not and change them to black when the mood hits me..with that said I have a set of the black "stickie" covers that are original to the reg risers.

if you want then send me a email with your address and I'll mail them to you, you are welcome to them if you want them

[email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
black plugs

the blue drawers will be in the Hardware Dept.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Reg Risers kit came with a pair of 1.50" stick on patches but no plugs to fit inside the holes. Didn't like the patches and they fell off after one winter, anyway. I tried the black plastic plugs that are described in other posts and like one or more poster indicated the 1"" plug is too big and the 7/8" is too small. One poster has suggested wrapping tape around the 7/8". does anyone have another suggestion, I think the 7/8" is too much too small for silicone to work? The holes mic 15/16ths and I think the likelihood of finding that size is small. Suggestions????

Dan Forker

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have the 1" black plug from Lowes in mine. If you work with it a little you can get in the whole and they will stay unlike the chrome ones that come with the risers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts