GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody besides me think this would be cool? Like Mid-west area: Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin and so on. So we can do meet and greets or is there a area here and I just missed it?

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
A scheduled ride in the general forum for a less populated area wouldn't stay on page one for very long (unless someone kept bumping it) and would be easily missed. This forum is a good place to put that stuff. Maybe a couple sub-forums below "Rides, Trips and Events" would help?

It's an interesting suggestion. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have it on a few other boards I am on and it seems to work well. With the Regions broke off into only a few states four or so it really shouldn't be a issue of seeing whats posted for a ride weekend so no bump would be needed unless nobody was interested in the ride that was planned. I dunno just a thought. I think with having it in a larger area of the forum with everything else a bump would be required more often due to other topics being posted.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Good idea, but with this group you have people traveling all over the country to go for a gathering. Any excuse for a long ride!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is very true I am used to small bouts with the other groups. I just bought a Wing 3 weeks ago I was riding a 200mph Sportbike a modified Honda CBR1100XX I got tired of being bent over while riding and also sore back, wrist and everything else and decided it was time to buy a Wing. My Sportbike friends think I am nuts for buying it but now I travel in style. I just liked the Region forums cause I can take a quick ride with local riders at a short notice. But I do plan on long road trips.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Early last spring I sent LaMonster a PM asking about the possibility of a regional/state forum or section.He said at that time he wasn't interested.
It is available on a couple of other forums I am a member of and everyone finds them useful and handy without mixing in with other subject matter.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
How about just putting the state in the title area..then we (forum users) could see what state the ride was in !! Maybe catch their eye!!..chuck

·
Registered
707 Posts
I enjoy reading about the rides thats taking place across the country! If we split it up, I might miss a post from POLECAT, and that is a smile a day I don't wish to lose. The BUMP is really effective, as long as a Bumping war doesn't start. Just an opinion from a guy that really likes this forum and finds Bravo Sierra very distasteful.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bigdaddy67 said:
It is available on a couple of other forums I am a member of and everyone finds them useful and handy without mixing in with other subject matter.
I agree it works great on the other sites. I don't see any disadvantages if you like to read other regions click on that regions tab. On the other sites I click on other regions to see what they have been up to for their ride reports.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chuck_b24 said:
How about just putting the state in the title area..then we (forum users) could see what state the ride was in !! Maybe catch their eye!!..chuck
See that's the thing it will maybe catch someone's eye. With a region area it would catch their eye they couldn't miss it. One other thing would be you wouldn't have to scroll all the topics to get what you are looking for. I guess its no big deal just thought it might be easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts