GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm in northern California now and will be going into Oregon before heading home, I'm wondering where you guys get your regional weather forecasts. I don't want to ride into a brewing tornado.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Tornados? Nah, sunny and warm until October. West coast weather is the most benign in the country this time of year.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I usually check the animated radar at Intellicast.com before heading out.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
I use the NOAA built into the bike.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I use EMFB.. Works great
.. Has nearby tornado warnings alert built in.

Runs on Android.

Disclaimer:
I programmed it.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use EMFB.. Works great
.. Has nearby tornado warnings alert built in.

Runs on Android.

Disclaimer:
I programmed it.

Dennis
I had your app...it worked great but I now have a Windows Phone. I have not looked to see if something similar is available. I will.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use "My Radar" app or the weather channel app on my I phone.
I went looking yesterday and discovered a "My radar" app for my phone, it looks good.

BTW, the wind howled all the way through New Mexico, Nevada and almost to San Fran.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I use the Weather Channel app for a long time--still do, but I tried weather underground app and I really am liking it!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Weather in Coos Bay, Oregon.

Right now, 6-19-14 at 8:00 p.m. in Coos Bay, it's 70 degrees with fair skies. No rain forecasted for the next week. Tornadoes are very rare in Oregon, only heard of three in the last 30 years. If your riding up the coast, (hwy 101) watch out for motorhomes and cars slowing to look at the scenery. Especially north of Florence. Road is narrow and very curvy in spots. Views are fantastic. Pull over at the view points to sight see. Ride safe!!

Rayjoe

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now, 6-19-14 at 8:00 p.m. in Coos Bay, it's 70 degrees with fair skies. No rain forecasted for the next week. Tornadoes are very rare in Oregon, only heard of three in the last 30 years. If your riding up the coast, (hwy 101) watch out for motorhomes and cars slowing to look at the scenery. Especially north of Florence. Road is narrow and very curvy in spots. Views are fantastic. Pull over at the view points to sight see. Ride safe!!

Rayjoe
we are going up 101, in Eureka now and it is freezing! (low 60's) it'll be in the high 40's in the morning, crazy temps for June and being from Florida.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
60 is pretty normal.

It will be colder in the morning and warm up as the day progresses. I'll be out of town tomorrow.

Give me a call now, on my cell. 1-541-two-nine-seven-1703.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
938 Posts
we are going up 101, in Eureka now and it is freezing! (low 60's) it'll be in the high 40's in the morning, crazy temps for June and being from Florida.
You just learned about the.... Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yea, it was crazy that after all those miles we were just a few miles apart. Spent Tuesday in the Petrified Forest and almost got blown over moe than once. Wednesday to Phoenix was much better. Could actually enjoy the ride.

I went looking yesterday and discovered a "My radar" app for my phone, it looks good.

BTW, the wind howled all the way through New Mexico, Nevada and almost to San Fran.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts