GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were some posts the other day about Rejex polish on one of these Boards. The stuff looked interesting so I did some research on it, and ended up buying some to try. I started by just applying it on the windshield and the front of the bike where bug splats are the worst.

Long story short, the stuff is incredible. Bugs literally wipe off. In worst case use a damp rag.

Shine is brilliant. Easy to apply and can last up to a year.

This stuff is made by Corrosion Technologies, a leader in aircraft anti-corrosion and surface treatment products. If it works on airplanes, it will sure work on a bike. If you have never owned an airplane and flown through a swarm of bugs at 2000 feet, you don't know what real bug splats are.

I just finished doing my whole trike, and it has never looked so good.

Check it out at: www.corrosionx.com

I found the best price on it at:

http://skygeek.com/ Great service.

Do a search there for Rejex or Corrosionx.

$12.50 +sh for a 16oz bottle that will probably last 5 years.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The stuff is good. I use it. It will only last two or three months without taking the old wax off. But don't use a clay block as corrosionx recomends. I used the clay block on a small area and that thing causes swirl squeaks. Not bad but enough that looking close you can see them. Better to apply every couple of months until the old is gone. IBTrike, if you have a better solution let me know.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Their lubricants are good also. I use alot of their products with great satisfaction. 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
IBTrike said:
There were some posts the other day about Rejex polish on one of these Boards. The stuff looked interesting so I did some research on it, and ended up buying some to try. I started by just applying it on the windshield and the front of the bike where bug splats are the worst.

Long story short, the stuff is incredible. Bugs literally wipe off. In worst case use a damp rag.

Shine is brilliant. Easy to apply and can last up to a year.

This stuff is made by Corrosion Technologies, a leader in aircraft anti-corrosion and surface treatment products. If it works on airplanes, it will sure work on a bike. If you have never owned an airplane and flown through a swarm of bugs at 2000 feet, you don't know what real bug splats are.

I can suggest one more over bug splats.....bird strikes....NOW that will dent the leading edge of your WING!!!!!

:shock:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am the one that started that last thread about Rejex, and you are right! That stuff is incredable, I stopped carring the Honda spray polish and cleaner on trips, all I need is a small spray bottle of water and a rag, and the bike wipes up clean and looks freshly waxed, this stuff is the real deal, and works great on the windshield and helmet face shield in the rain, it's much better than rain-x on auto glass.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been using Rejex for about four years now. It's the best "wax" I've ever used. Non-abrasive and a high release surface that makes it easy to wipe off bugs and dirt.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RedStreak said:
The stuff is good. I use it. It will only last two or three months without taking the old wax off. But don't use a clay block as corrosionx recomends. I used the clay block on a small area and that thing causes swirl squeaks. Not bad but enough that looking close you can see them. Better to apply every couple of months until the old is gone. IBTrike, if you have a better solution let me know.
Ken:

I have never used any polish on my bike except Honda Spray Cleaner/Polish, and I hadn't done it for quite a while, so I didn't worry about pre cleaning off old wax, other than cleaning all the surfaces with Amway ZOOM multi purpose cleaner. I suspect there was very little old wax left.

I agree, I would never use a clay block. If anyone feels they need to remove old wax buildup, I would suggest using some other method. I would probably talk to a good bodyman for some suggestions. I think they have liquids that will do it.

Take care..Ride safe.

·
Registered
232 Posts
A couple of different manufacturers of speciality wax products i have talked with , i know that the Zaino polish guys said this. ( i think the rejex people might have been the other one) , have recommended using " Dawn" diswashing detergent to remove the old wax , especially if it was just a 'regular " car/bike polish type wax.
In fact , i tried polishing a small part of the bike with Meguires polish ,water beaded right up, then i gave it a good washing with the Dawn detergent . and the water no longer beaded up on that part of the bike . It seemed to do a good job of removing the wax. I guess that is
why most people recommend regular car wash soap, it doesn't remove
the wax.
Joe.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
joe, you are correct, almost any type of dish soap is not good for wax, and a couple of good washings with hot water will remove most wax jobs.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gmk1800 said:
I am the one that started that last thread about Rejex, and you are right! That stuff is incredable, I stopped carring the Honda spray polish and cleaner on trips, all I need is a small spray bottle of water and a rag, and the bike wipes up clean and looks freshly waxed, this stuff is the real deal, and works great on the windshield and helmet face shield in the rain, it's much better than rain-x on auto glass.
gmk1800:

Thanks for leading me to this stuff. I hope many others will benefit as well.

Ride safe...and shiny! :lol:

·
Registered
661 Posts
One word to the wise for those thinking about trying it. Make sure you get all the blood, guts and feathers off before you apply it. Those little spots that remain from bugs after you think you have cleaned it will show up when you use this stuff. It gives it such a glassey finish you can see them. Once this stuff set up after 12 hours, they are had to get off.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
I was about to revisit this topic myself. I have found Rejex to be incredible, (but it did delaminate my stock windshield so keep an eye on it). The trick I found to make THE PAINT really really shine the best is to use 3M 05997 Hand Glaze first. Then use Rejex. The 3M gets off all the stuck stuff and fills in the swirls. Rejex "cements" it in place. It's still working dandy after 1,000 miles - long after most waxes will have blown off the front end. Works on chrome and Baker Wings too.

I did the whole bike with 3M then Rejex except the saddlebags FOR A TEST. Bags just Rejex WITHOUT THE 3M. You can tell the difference. 3M HAND GLAZE then Rejex is best. Will be doing that this week to the bags.

Here is a trunk I did with 3M and zymol. From now on I will use 3M 05997 and Rejex becase rejex lasts much longer and shine dandy with the 3M under it. The spritz with cold cold distilled water and a wipe down does wonders after the 12 hour set up time has elapsed.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waldo said:
I was about to revisit this topic myself. I have found Rejex to be incredible, (but it did delaminate my stock windshield so keep an eye on it). The trick I found to make THE PAINT really really shine the best is to use 3M 05997 Hand Glaze first. Then use Rejex. The 3M gets off all the stuck stuff and fills in the swirls. Rejex "cements" it in place. It's still working dandy after 1,000 miles - long after most waxes will have blown off the front end. Works on chrome and Baker Wings too.

I did the whole bike with 3M then Rejex except the saddlebags. Bags just Rejex. You can tell the difference. 3M then Rejex is best. Will be doing that this week to the bags.

Here is a trunk I did with 3M and zymol. From now on I will use 3M 05997 and Rejex.

Waldo:

I doubt that Rejex caused your windshield to delaminate. It probably would have happened anyway. My 02 windshield has started to "surface flake" or delaminate in a couple of places that have never seen Rejex. I think they just do that after some period of time and/or conditions.

I am OK for the rest of the year, but I think I will be looking for a new windshield come spring. Have you replaced yours? If so, what did you get and are you happy with it?

I have looked at Memphis Shades, Big Bike (AddOn) and some others, including Honda OEM. Recomendations from you and others about a good replacement will be appreciated.

And yes...3M hand glaze in good stuff. It can be found on the shelf of every good body shop in the country. I didn't use it this time, but I might in the future. It really brings back a finish.

Congrats on a beautiful job on your scooter.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
IBTrike said:
Waldo:

I doubt that Rejex caused your windshield to delaminate. It probably would have happened anyway. My 02 windshield has started to "surface flake" or delaminate in a couple of places that have never seen Rejex. I think they just do that after some period of time and/or conditions.
I agree with you, but the Rejex did it in about five minutes. Was fine before application, fried instantly. Had some stone chips which may have caused the "instant" reject of Rejex but did not notice any where this occurred.

Just keep and eye on it. "Contains petroleum distillates" says the bottle. Works dandy on Bakers and BB Parts foot warmers, but they are not laminate plastic. Anyway, keep your eyes peeled before your stock shield peals...

Got an F4 now which needs NO treatment with anything at all. Only drawback to an F4 is that when a really really big bug smooshes on the shield, the gooey stuff runs up to the top and over like rain does.... YUCK!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Waldo said:
IBTrike said:
Waldo:

I agree with you, but the Rejex did it in about five minutes. Was fine before application, fried instantly. Had some stone chips which may have caused the "instant" reject of Rejex but did not notice any where this occurred.

Just keep and eye on it. "Contains petroleum distillates" says the bottle. Works dandy on Bakers and BB Parts foot warmers, but they are not laminate plastic. Anyway, keep your eyes peeled before your stock shield peals...

Got an F4 now which needs NO treatment with anything at all. Only drawback to an F4 is that when a really really big bug smooshes on the shield, the gooey stuff runs up to the top and over like rain does.... YUCK!

Waldo:

I have surface flaking in a couple small areas on the INSIDE and outside of my 02 windshield. It appears to be breakdown or loosening of the surface treatment on the plastic and doesn't look anything like what you have shown. Maybe we are not talking apples and apples.

In any event, whatever my flaking condition is was not caused by Rejex. I have stone chips on the outside of my windshield, and Rejex has not affected them at all...at least so far. Rejex has been on for 3 weeks and all seems well. If anything goes sour, I will be sure to report it here.

What is an F4 windshield? Sorry, doesn't ring any bells, but sometimes my bells don't ring well, and sometimes they ring for no reason. :lol:

Ride safe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts