GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some conflicting threads regarding the use of Rejex on the GW windshield. I am getting ready to treat the bike with it and was wondering if there is any further information regarding the use of it on windscreens?

I'm sure some have used it and some have not. I'm just trying to figure out if it's ok to use it or if it does damage the windscreen.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I like that question and also would be interested in hearing the opinon's and use historys of Rejex on the windshields...

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I read that information too, however members posted complaints of the Rejex jacking up their windshields and I wanted a little more info about long term users of the product.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Have used it on two 1800's at least once every two months, no problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did mine about 2 months ago also and my wife's ST shield as well. My shield is the original from new on my 02 and it has some nicks and scratches, but so far no ill affects and man is it clear!
I did see the pics of the shield that was delaminating but so far no problems.

Jim

·
Registered
973 Posts
Shooters,
Personally, I haven't used it long enough to see what the long term effects are. I have read numerous comments about Rejex and have read concerns about it but so far no actuall testimonials about damage done. I haven't seen the pictures of the windshield delaminating and how would I know if it was caused by Rejex? I have to admit that I don't know what you mean when you say "jacking up their windshields" but I'm guessing you meant it as a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've been using it for sevral years with no ill effects to any of my shields or body work. Makes the finish feel very slick. 8)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have been using it for a few years now. Use on Windbender windshield and all of the rest of the bike. No problems to date. I find that it really helps keep the bugs from sticking.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Haven't used it on the shield but I did whole bike a couple of weekends ago. Spent the weekend doing the bike and rode it to work Monday morning (dark thirty). Coming out to parking garage after work, sun shining bright outside, I went to the rear of the bike to open trunk for helmet. That's when I panicked and almost had a heart attack. How did that large scratch get on my trunk???. Rubing the ugly scratch I relized it was the refection off the bottom of my luggage rack. Never seen shine like that before.

G

·
Have it on both sides of my windshield. Not only does it clean up easy on the outside, but the inside stays clearer also, and doesn't fog up.

No problems.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Guess I'm the lonely one...... (see pic)

However, Rejex is absolutely the best thing I've ever used on chrome and paint. I won't ever use it on the shield again.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I figure that if it is the Only Polish that the FAA has Approved to be used on the windscreen of an aircraft, and widely used in the aircraft industry. It probably wont hurt the wing, Gold that is. I use it on all exposed surfaces from the ground up except the tires, and seat. Makes cleaning the wheels up a snap, after getting them clean the first time. Easy on and off, just wipe of the bugs with a T-Shirt or a Micro Fiber rag and your done. So simple a Caveman could use it. The key is to let it set the 12 hours as indicated on the instructions.

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
i have used Rejex on most of the bike including the windshield, yes it does a pretty good job of making the bugs easy to remove, it does NOT hide scratches, it actually seems to make scratches easier to see, it also seems to attract dust so since i live on a gravel road i won't b buying it again, Rejex has not caused any damage to my windshield or any other part of the bike

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
cycledude said:
i have used Rejex on most of the bike including the windshield, yes it does a pretty good job of making the bugs easy to remove, it does NOT hide scratches, it actually seems to make scratches easier to see, it also seems to attract dust so since i live on a gravel road i won't b buying it again, Rejex has not caused any damage to my windshield or any other part of the bike
Get yourself a small California Dusterhttp://calcarduster.com/detailingKit.asp When you get to the bottom of your dirt road, just stop and dust it off. The dusters are wax treated and the dirtier it gets the better it works. 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rejex

Does anyone know where I can get Rejex in or near San Diego. I have called Tru Value Stores and they say they don't have it. Help!!!

G

·
Re: Rejex

thirdjoe said:
Does anyone know where I can get Rejex in or near San Diego. I have called Tru Value Stores and they say they don't have it. Help!!!
Thirdjoe:

www.skygeek.com

Enter Rejex in the search box on their home page and it will take you right to the Rejex order page.

$12.50 for 16 oz bottle, plus shipping. I had mine in 3 days.

Good luck

·
Registered
927 Posts
I agree with IBTrike. Good people to deal with.
Ride Safe
Ken

G

·
Waldo said:
Guess I'm the lonely one...... (see pic)

However, Rejex is absolutely the best thing I've ever used on chrome and paint. I won't ever use it on the shield again.

Waldo:

You and I have discussed this before, and you are missing the boat. The windshield is one of the best uses for Rejex. (bugs, fogging, dirt, etc.)

My windshield has a couple of spots that look like yours, albeit they are smaller, and they appeared long before I even heard of Rejex. I have put Rejex on my windshield since I got it, and those areas have not gotten any worse, nor have any more appeared.

Rejex did not cause your delamination problem. Believe what you will.

Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts