GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
hey fred i use this stuff on my wheels and so far its been about 2 months and i havent had to reapply yet!!!so far so good!!!!but i did them 3 times before i took it out!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just applied it last weekend. I really like the finish it left. I will let you know how it lasts. Not much weather here in San Diego, but lots of sunshine

·
Registered
378 Posts
I did one of my vehicles with Rejex,,the other with Mothers. Really could not tell any difference with bugs sticking or protection. The Mothers did seem to shine better.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Lots of products last longer, and produce a much deeper glossier shine. Three examples off the top of my head are Zaino Bros, Honda Glare polish, and Blaster.

Protection without depth and shine - useless.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rekex

The first time I did my bike with Rejex, I did not get all the wax off and was very unsatisfied with the performance. Lasted about a month. So I spent a day and really got all the wax off and re-applied it correctly. So far it's been working great for 6 weeks. Did my Surburban too, and it looks great as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm going on 8 mo and 8 thousand since I put it on the 1800 and its doing as advertised.Lots of bugs,one day of light/mod rain,lots of HOT western sunshine,and holding up great.It was highly recomended on a forum from my previous life,and I've used it for four years.I first used it on a VRod with the worst staining aluminum wheels ever used on anything,and they still looked great at three years.I use it on every thing but the black dash panels.Since this rear wheel is such a pain in the a$$ to get to,it is nice to just be able to spray them off.
I don't disagree with another product possibly having a higher gloss,depending on the color of the bike,but I,ve never used any wax that held up better than this product,especially unpolished aluminum.
It is time to put another coat on because the dust isn't blowing off as well as it did.I'm not trying to sell anyone Rejex (Its like oil,tires, cracks, eveyone has their own ideas).I'm just passing along my personal experience.
Take Care

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've been using it for years. I find it lasts a good 6 months or so, but then again, I'm always polishing my bike with protect-all or the rejex, or Pig Snot, or Honda Gloss. So I guess I'm really not a good judge to go by. I like my bikes clean and shiney. 8)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used it on the underside of my airplane wings, trying to keep exhaust stains to a minimum. I didn't think it was any better than regular wax or polish. My opinion...........a waste of money.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Fred,

I bought Rejex and followed there steps to apply it. I cleanded the bike stored it in the grage and waited untl the next morning to apply the wax so it would be cool. I waited 22 hours for it to cure and then applied another coat. I then rode 1600 mile round trip to Wingstock and when I got back there was no wax on the front of the bike. This is pretty much the same with all other waxes I have used.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had good results with this product. I washed the bike, then applied it in the garage and let it sit over night. Then buffed it. The shine was good and it shed dirt and bugs. Only wiped it down with a damp micro fiber towel. This have been about 6 months and still looks great.

Level of effort is about the same as BOM products. I've used them with great success as well.

I'm one of those strange people that cleans everything maticulously except for the mags. Some mental block concnering the wheels.

Chuck
MBD

·
Registered
21,136 Posts
worked good for me except for the fact that dust loves to stick to it and i live on a dirt road so probably won't buy it again

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Works better on my car than on the bike for some reason.
I don't wash my vehicles much but the water beads-up like crazy on the cars after using the Rejex.
That's once a year, btw.
Sorry Toyo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Best experience for me has been with the Zaino products. Last two cars were black and the darker the color the more the satisfaction with it. Best around for filling and covering the fine swirls and spiderwebs in the black paint. (this is what it was origanlly formulated for) For lighter colors (read yellow) have been happy with McQuirs NXT. Mean on the first coat, but after that goes on quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been using Rejex since seeing it at Wing Ding in Fort Wayne last summer. It works well for me, on the Wing, Silverado, and boat.
Especially like it when traveling on the bike, because windshield and headlight bug removal can be done in 2 minutes while gassing up. I carry a little spray bottle of distilled water and a microfiber cloth. Bugs are gone in nothing flat!

Captain D.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts