GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where I saw it (maybe on Tech Board a long time ago) and I've searched for it, but I can't seem to find the thread about installing an AUX fuse block (with relay) in the battery area of the GL1800. If I recall, it showed a wiring schematic for the hookup, especially the relay posts. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have been researching this subject for a couple of months so I can put a aux fuse system on my other bike. I move slowly! Here is a good website to give you an overview of what you need do. Do not know about info on this site though.

Relay/fuseblock Overview - http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php

Many folks seem to prefer to hook into the license plate light for the relay switched lead so that if you screw up you don't hose something important. Not sure this is relavent on Wings though.

Make sure you have the grounded side figured out as some of the fuse blocks require a separate grounding setup.

Electrical connection has a 1800 rig with relay I believe.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
very good info...thanks

I'm sure this is a simple operation for most here, but this is a great article for some of us just beginning to power up and install some goodies.....

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Twohondas, thanks for the info link. Very detailed. I'll be activating the relay from the GL1800 ACC screws on the fuse block instead of the tail lights.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Jobber Jim said:
Twohondas, thanks for the info link. Very detailed. I'll be activating the relay from the GL1800 ACC screws on the fuse block instead of the tail lights.
That probably would be best on our wings. Don't have that option on the VFR though. I have a couple of things already that use that feature on my Wing; GPS and FRS radio hookup from Kennedy. If I keep adding crap I may have to add an extra block on the GL too.

I have to have switched stuff on my VFR too. I have a bad case of CRS so when I turn off the key everything must be off otherwise in a couple of hours I am Dead in the Water so to speak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts