GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add some new lighting to my wing was told to use a master relay to prevent unwanted power spikes would like to add fog lights, running lights ,aux.lights three switches. can any one tell me the best way to do this tks,

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
get someone else to install them LOL

sorry, I couldn't help myself :D :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
hop said:
I want to add some new lighting to my wing was told to use a master relay to prevent unwanted power spikes would like to add fog lights, running lights ,aux.lights three switches. can any one tell me the best way to do this tks,

Hop, a relay doesnt and cant guard against voltage spikes. A relay is nothing more than a remote switch. Using a relay keeps the total connected load from flowing through the on/off switch you will use. Only a signal circuit amperage flows through the on/off switch...the power load flows through the relay. If spikes were present, which I highly doubt, the lights themselves can handle surges safely and without worry. So in wiring, depending on your load...lets say you are using #14 gauge wire for the load, the signal circuit can be operated using #18 wire. The smaller the number of wire gauge, the larger the conductor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts