GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relocating very soon to Nola and would like to get some input on a good dealer in the area with techs that are familiar with the gl1800.
I also would like advice on a good independent for tires etc. and non warranty stuff. Also please let me know of the ones to avoid.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am just below Baton Rouge so I can't help you with a dealer in the area. I have a retired mechanic in the area that does my service on things I can't do. Last I had done was all fluids except forks and engine done at a very reasonable rate. He also does tires, brakes, and minor tune ups. I don't know if that will help you any.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Greasemonkey,

Baton Rouge area would be a nice ride from Nola. Please give me his contact info.

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I sent you the info in a PM.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Friendly Powersports in Slidell, LA is a local Honda dealer, in a suburb of NOLA. Mark is the owner and last year he had a mechanic in training for his Goldwing certification. Don't know if he is certified now but might be worth a call. Mark is a good dealer, straight, good guy and on top of his service department.

·
Registered
53 Posts
service

Friendly Honda is one that I hear is the best. The one in Kenner doesnt have that good of a Service Dept in my personal opinion. If I have to use a dealer again it would be Friendly. I have a local mechanic that does most of my non dealer work. I will PM you his info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts