GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recomend a reliable mechanic or dealer in the Ft Lauderdale-Miami area or within 75 miles. Also what sould be the aproximate cost of the 8,000 miles scheduled service.

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Rick Case is in Davie...have you tried them? Bad expierience? If so drop me a line thinking of going up there for service.

Also there's Gables honda in Miami, of SR826 and Bird Rd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not impresed with Rick Case service lately. Two of my friends had problems with repairs and one of them waited over ten days for a repair that was supposed to take 4 days. After a week he found out that the mechanic that was working on his bike was fired the previous week and that nobody was working on his bike.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
Rick Case is in Davie...have you tried them? Bad expierience? If so drop me a line thinking of going up there for service.

I worked there when they first opened. I wouldn't go there for service.
They hate Goldwingers. Hate.

Here they are trying to figure out what a cracked frame looks like. My bike sat outside in the rain like this for 9 freakin' weeks.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
if you don't mind coming up to Palm Beach county, PB Cycles at 2353 N. Military Trail right off Okeechobee is not that bad. They even like Wings and more surprising, trikes. My lower vents disappeared (I noticed something fly off one day) and they replaced them under warranty without any hassle. I do my own oil changes, so can't say anything about service, but that I would take my trike there if I had to. And I will take my little Kawasaki there also for it's first service any day now. Phone number of PB is 561-683-1642.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
S&W Triker said:
if you don't mind coming up to Palm Beach county, PB Cycles at 2353 N. Military Trail right off Okeechobee is not that bad. They even like Wings and more surprising, trikes. My lower vents disappeared (I noticed something fly off one day) and they replaced them under warranty without any hassle. I do my own oil changes, so can't say anything about service, but that I would take my trike there if I had to. And I will take my little Kawasaki there also for it's first service any day now. Phone number of PB is 561-683-1642.
I used to go there with my Voyager and GL1800 --- that was at least 2 owners ago.
They were top-notch then got sold to Powersports and the work ethic went out the door.
Who owns them now? Are they private again?

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I don't remember the guy's name, but he owns a trike himself and all the guys get excited when I stop in with mine. It still has "Powersports" on the sign, but they are calling themselves PB Cycles now. I will ask next time, but I know it is just a guy who owns it now. They even moved the shop across the street . I almowst bought the Kawa from them, but preferred the '05 blue one I found with only 14 miles on it to the '06 red. Not bad prices on most bikes, for FL at least. Of course I bought the Wing in Union City, TN and had it triked by Tony in Inverness. Everyone has high Wing prices down here...especially Rick Case for everything actually!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
S&W Triker said:
I don't remember the guy's name, but he owns a trike himself and all the guys get excited when I stop in with mine. It still has "Powersports" on the sign, but they are calling themselves PB Cycles now. I will ask next time, but I know it is just a guy who owns it now. They even moved the shop across the street . I almowst bought the Kawa from them, but preferred the '05 blue one I found with only 14 miles on it to the '06 red. Not bad prices on most bikes, for FL at least. Of course I bought the Wing in Union City, TN and had it triked by Tony in Inverness. Everyone has high Wing prices down here...especially Rick Case for everything actually!
You can work Rick for a price; he'll cave in.
But I'd rather buy from Hal or Hatfield.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
[quote="I.M.Winginit":ey7wp212]Rick Case is in Davie...have you tried them? Bad expierience? If so drop me a line thinking of going up there for service.

Here they are trying to figure out what a cracked frame looks like. My bike sat outside in the rain like this for 9 freakin' weeks.[/quote:ey7wp212]

Bill, was that Rick Case or Gables you are referring to...

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
[quote="Arn Butt Bill":2w1zx595][quote="I.M.Winginit":2w1zx595]Rick Case is in Davie...have you tried them? Bad expierience? If so drop me a line thinking of going up there for service.

Here they are trying to figure out what a cracked frame looks like. My bike sat outside in the rain like this for 9 freakin' weeks.[/quote:2w1zx595]

Bill, was that Rick Case or Gables you are referring to...[/quote:2w1zx595]Rick Case Powerhouse, Davie.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
none of us answered his other question on the cost of the 8k service...I can't answer it since I do my own oil changes...is there something "special" I should do now?? and no snide remards, Bil!! LOL
Rode both the trike and the Kawa today...not simultaneously...rode up to Stuart and got love bugged on the way home on the back roads! had to high-tail-it back east away from the evil critters! bike was covered and man do they ever sting when you hit 'em at 65 mph! (still in that "break-in period" that the bike has). face shield was absolutely covered with them! should've been riding the trike then!

oh, back to the thread...I would take my cycles to Palm Beach Cycles if I had to...and what is needed at 8k that I didn't do?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
deep purple said:
Forget Rick Case and Riva. They are terrible and your bike will probably come back damaged.
I totally agree. Riva broke the dash on my bike (the part where the windshield ratchet lives) during a repair and hid the damage; they took a dremmel or something to it. I didn't see the hatchet job until more than a year later when the shield got stuck in the up position. 750 miles away now and too late to complain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts