GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arizona was just too hot and Phoenix is getting way too packed.

We're settling in to the beautiful village of Tularosa, north of Alamogordo.

Any Current Southern New Mexico Gold Wingers..?? :grin2:

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Registered
245 Posts
New Mexico...............

Hi Scootermannn,
If all goes well up here in Wisconsin I will be joining you within the next year! :grin2: I plan on relocating to the Madrid area. That would put me less than a tank of fuel north of you!
The "land of enchantment" has been calling me for over 30 years and I really need to "escape" Wisconsin! I am very happy to see your post. I have rode many places in the USA and Canada, but New Mexico has always had a special, almost magical hold on me. I can not wait to join you!:thumbup:
Keep in touch and ride safe.................................Jeff :biker:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Hi Scootermannn,
If all goes well up here in Wisconsin I will be joining you within the next year! :grin2: I plan on relocating to the Madrid area. That would put me less than a tank of fuel north of you!
The "land of enchantment" has been calling me for over 30 years and I really need to "escape" Wisconsin! I am very happy to see your post. I have rode many places in the USA and Canada, but New Mexico has always had a special, almost magical hold on me. I can not wait to join you!:thumbup:
You can leave Wi , but Wi will never leave you . And I know you know that already .
You will be missed I have no doubt .
Congrats Scooterman and fufilling a dream is awesome .

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Congratulations on your move..... it sounds like your where you want to be.

New Mexico is a beautiful jewel with very nice people..... being from Tucson I play around in the southwestern part. Me and the wife jumped on our wing and spent thanksgiving in silver city..... no doubt you'll enjoy it..... just keep it a secret......that's what makes it special.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Hi Scootermannn,
Well, there went the neighborhood!!:joke: If ya haven't already, the ride up to Cloudcroft is a nice ride.

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
162 Posts
Beautiful area!! You are about 300 miles from me...we ride through there often on our way to Ruidoso and Ski Apache....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased a 2004 GL1800 and joined this forum. I live in Tucumcari. My wife and I own the historic Blue Swallow Motel on Route 66. If you get this way, stop in to say hi! We had been on our Aeros (VT100C3) in your area a couple of times. I sold mine, but we kept the wife's.

Hope you are enjoying New Mexico.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I recently purchased a 2004 GL1800 and joined this forum. I live in Tucumcari. My wife and I own the historic Blue Swallow Motel on Route 66. If you get this way, stop in to say hi! We had been on our Aeros (VT100C3) in your area a couple of times. I sold mine, but we kept the wife's.
I will definitely stop in to say hi the next time I pass through Tucumcarie! The blue Swallow is one of my very favorite land marks on historic Route 66!
Like wise if you every ride near Santa Fe you are welcome to stop by here. I am just off Route 66 and the Turquoise Trail. (Hwy 14)
It has been a year now since my wife and I moved to New Mexico. This was the best decision we have ever made. There is just no better place to be than “The Land Of Enchantment”
Ride safe................Jeff :biker:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Be sure to ride the Devils Highway (666), known now as Hwy 191 in AZ, from Morenci to Alpine, AZ.

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Be sure to ride the Devils Highway (666), known now as Hwy 191 in AZ, from Morenci to Alpine, AZ.
But before you, let me know when you're riding it!

A local group of miscreant wingers can always meet up with you at Quemado NM for an awesome Hatch green chili cheeseburger, then continue south to NM 180 and then over to the Clifton/Morenci area on Hwy 191.

The following morning we can roll north on The Coronado Trail, get some gas and lunch in Alpine (can we say the Bear Wallow Cafe?!!), do a couple of laps on Three Forks Road (22 miles of amazing fun).

Then you can continue north towards your hacienda via Hwy 191 or another routing, enjoying some beautiful Arizona roadways.

- David

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

I stayed in RM 16, I think in 2016 did you own it then? It's definitely on the return list! BTW, Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope to get up that way with the Goldwing before too long! I have to get a picture in Madrid with the new machine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We've owned it since April, 2011. No room number higher than 15, though!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I hope to get up that way with the Goldwing before too long! I have to get a picture in Madrid with the new machine.

If you are coming to Madrid, it is 13.3 miles from Maggie's Dinner to my driveway!
Let me know when you are coming and maybe we can do a ride.
I will PM you with my contact information and you can get hold of me directly if you wish.
Ride safe.....................Jeff

Attachments

Reactions: AtackPug
1 - 14 of 14 Posts