GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I'm glad they put remote start in the 'Wing. Nice to fire it up and let it get warmed up from the warmth of the house.

Now if only they'd make a remote snow removal feature :roll:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
But to use the remote start... you have to leave the bike parked in neutral. Do you realize what could happen if you're using the wrong oil and the cold transmission pops in to gear? My god man! That car tire on the back will dig in the snow and send your bike down the driveway like a rocket!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Lucky 777 said:
bike down the driveway like a rocket!
Someone always thinks the sky is falling. The Remote start feature, if used properly and by people of intelligence, will not be creating such a dangerous situation. A little preparation, as with anything on a Motorcycle, will ensure safe operation.

I 'spose your one of the folks involved in that class action lawsuit against Honda requiring us to place our hands on the handlebars while riding!

B

·
0 Posts
If I plan on using the remote starter, since I have a trike, I always park in neutral and put a block under the rear tire.

It's very handy to warm up the engine while getting dressed for a ride.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Beastie, I love the remote start that I have for my '01' trike, and I don't have to do all that. I did not even have to break the bike down to install it like Lamount had too.

As a matter of fact, she even toots the horn to let me know when it's time to come out of the house. Man am I gonna pay for that one if she sees this. :wink:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
salyzyn said:
Lucky 777 said:
bike down the driveway like a rocket!
Someone always thinks the sky is falling. The Remote start feature, if used properly and by people of intelligence, will not be creating such a dangerous situation. A little preparation, as with anything on a Motorcycle, will ensure safe operation.

I 'spose your one of the folks involved in that class action lawsuit against Honda requiring us to place our hands on the handlebars while riding!
I am considering a class action suit because Honda hasn't attached a warning sticker on the proper and safe use of the remote start feature! :twisted:

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
My bike is screwed up, every time I push my remote start the trunk opens. :(

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I wired in my garage door opener... Now she opens the garage door before starting up (light sensor tells here it's opened or closed). If the door doesn't open, and she doesn't get light, then she won't start... That way I don't fill my house with all that nasty carmox dioxbon stuff!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Remote start.... :twisted: .. just another unecessary expense. If a man gets SO LAZY he can't tell his wife to go out to the garage and start the bike....... well, he's got no business riding at all. :wink: <running for cover>

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wait a minute. I thought I read that the bike must be on the centerstand and in neutral to activate the remote start. So how could it take off? Did I mis-read the book? George

·
Registered
255 Posts
kickback said:
Remote start.... :twisted: .. just another unecessary expense. If a man gets SO LAZY he can't tell his wife to go out to the garage and start the bike....... well, he's got no business riding at all. :wink: <running for cover>
You are very very brave or maybe just very very stupid :lol:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Slinkey said:
kickback said:
You are very very brave or maybe just very very stupid :lol:
Good one though!!!! My wife started my....uh our bike up one day. She really liked doing that......was the first time. She got all excited......wooohooo!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If my wife gets mine started up it takes us an hour or more to get out on the bike! 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
kickback said:
Maybe ok if your wife is not Lorana Bobbit :shock: :shock: :chef2:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
My '03 doesn't have a remote start. Was that an add on in a later year?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Remotes

I'm waiting until they figure out how they can remote start the bike, open the garage, take it for a spin and come back and tell me how it was....
Harold :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Lucky 777 said:
But to use the remote start... you have to leave the bike parked in neutral. Do you realize what could happen if you're using the wrong oil and the cold transmission pops in to gear? My god man! That car tire on the back will dig in the snow and send your bike down the driveway like a rocket!
I did that once because I had disconnected the centerstand interface. Took out the garage door. Ugly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts