GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the Remote Controlled Trailer Air System today for my Bushtec trailer. Of course I had to install it right away. I fabricated a mounting bracket to attach it just below the interior light on the inside rear of the trailer. It took me about an hour to make the bracket and 30 minutes to install the system, connect the wiring and route the airline. The SO wasn't too happy about me curing the paint on the mounting bracket in the kitchen oven. I thought she would be used to that by now. :( She was impressed though when I showed her the finished product. The mounting bracket is attached to the two lower 5/16 bolts on the latch mechanism.
Now I can't wait for a warm day to take this trailer out for a run just so I can show off the remote controlled air system to my friends. This system is terrific!

·
Registered
757 Posts
GL05....Good job on the install, looks very nice. I've been thinking about installing one too. I know it's top notch Bushtec quality, but I'm having trouble justifying $300.00 for the unit.
Thanks for posting the inf.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Bought mine this past spring and love it. If I would of known this was available when I ordered my trailer I would have had it installed at the factory!! Makes adjusting the suspension a breeze, just takes a bit to get used to the lag from the time you press the remote button until the unit starts inflating or releasing air. I have to believe this a safety item to prevent accidental activation.
Nice install GL05, I mounted the compressor unit in nearly the same location with a self made bracket, I mounted the the control module up under the rear latch valance panel.

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Looks nice :D -I heard once Bushtec does not endorse. True or false?

·
Registered
93 Posts
True or False? Answer is False. Bustec installed my compressor when I ordered my trailer. Only problem thus far is the *cheap* method of gluing the compressor to the back wall of the trailer. I'd pay a fair amount to have a homemade bracket made like the one described in the initial post.

:)

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
BruceHarrisJr said:
True or False? Answer is False. Bustec installed my compressor when I ordered my trailer. Only problem thus far is the *cheap* method of gluing the compressor to the back wall of the trailer. I'd pay a fair amount to have a homemade bracket made like the one described in the initial post.

I agree. A bracket to use with existing bolts and no additional drilling needed. I do like having the compressor as it is a nice feature. It has held but just would like a bracket.

·
Registered
146 Posts
bushtec Brac

I for one would like a home made brac like this one...

joe

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mounting Bracket

As soon as I get a chance I'll draw up the plans for the mounting bracket and post it. Probably later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
We have a new mount available for the Bushtecs. I'll try to get a photo of it up in the next few days.

Bushtec does not sell or install the units. We do both and can install at Bushtec when the trailer is finished.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the diagram for the mounting bracket I made. I'm sure Lewis' mounting bracket will be even better.

This drawing isn't the greatest but it should get the point across.
The bracket is made from 1/16-inch sheet metal.
Right and left are the same as when sitting on the bike.
Bolt holes are on 8 inch centers, 5/8 inch from the top and centered left and right on the mounting tabs. Use a 21/64-inch drill bit for the holes in the mounting tabs.
Both mounting tabs should be bent and configured the same.
Mount the bracket to the two lower 5/16 bolts on the latch mechanism. Install the rear cover. Hold the compressor and controller in place and mark the mounting holes. Remove the mounting bracket and drill the mounting holes. Mount the compressor and controller to the bracket and install in the trailer.

·
Registered
700 Posts
BruceHarrisJr said:

:)
Bruce - For clairification, Bushtec does not offer or install the Electrical Conncetion Remote compressor. If your compressor was installed at Bushtec, it was done by the Electrical Connection at your request and not Bushtec. Check your trailer invoice, you won't find the compressor listed as a component or accessory for the trailer.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Lewis/EC said:
We have a new mount available for the Bushtecs. I'll try to get a photo of it up in the next few days.

Bushtec does not sell or install the units. We do both and can install at Bushtec when the trailer is finished.
Hey Lewis, When are you going to add the three way valve that can be switched to allow the output to go to the auxiliary hose for inflating tires?
Just a thought. :roll:
DC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts