GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Bought a used 2003 awhile back and it did not come with a remote. So, I just bought the OEM from Honda. It came with two instruction sheets. I've read the instruction sheet and the threads about programming it on this site but cannot make it happen. The tiny red LED lights when I push LOCK and UNLOCK but does not when I push CALL or TRUNK OPENER.

1. Should the red LCD light when any of the four buttons is depressed?

2. I was sent two insruction pages regarding programming. Although the procedure is the same for both, there is a notable difference in the two papers on one issue. One says to "press the trunk opener button" while the other says "press the transmitter LOCK or UNLOCK button". So which is it or does it matter?

3. It stresses, "Make sure to keep the timing between 1 and 4 seconds for each action". When it say, after turning the ignition to ON, to "Between 1 and 4 seconds, press the trunk opener (or LOCK or UNLOCK button!!!???), I understand.

a) But is it saying to only leave it in the OFF position for 1 to 4 seconds before turning it back to ON to press a button again?

It won't be necessary to post the instructions. As I said I've read the threads. The issue is interpreting them.

Thanks

·
Vendor
18,447 Posts
These are the instructions I have.

How to program the remote key fob To program it
1. turn the key on-within 1 to 5 seconds point the remote at the trunk and push the trunk open key, then within 1 to 5 seconds turn off the ignition key.
2. repeat #1
3. repeat #1
4. repeat #1 except this time do not turn off the ignition switch. Hit the button again and it will program itself. Turn the key off and test it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resolved

Thanks Goldwingergreg! Works perfectly now. At first I didn't think the trunk release was working but realized that I wasn't holding it down long enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts