GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone else has had a problem like this. My remote will unlock the luggage but won't lock it. Has been working forever and just the other stay stopped locking. All the lights flash like it's working but nothing locks. Even changed the battery.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Curious if anyone else has had a problem like this. My remote will unlock the luggage but won't lock it. Has been working forever and just the other stay stopped locking. All the lights flash like it's working but nothing locks. Even changed the battery.

Any ideas?
How many times do the lights flash when you try to lock?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
My remote flashed the lights but did not lock or unlock the bags or trunk. This board said to look at the right wire harness by the right hinge for wire breaks. Found 2 breaks, soldered and all is fine. Maybe each wire controls open close functions and only one of yours is broken.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
If the Trunk or Saddlebags were not latched completely, it should show up on the dash display.

I would check to be sure that they all work manually, and that nothing has gotten down into a latch to prevent the remote from working.

Could be that the Controller in the bike has gone bad, and will only work in one direction. Or you could have a bent rod.

There have been reports of bad rod end connectors on the trunks.

Try checking tech forum. It could be a bad plastic rod end, and the remote thinks it is working as it is supposed to, and doesn't have enough throw to activate the lock.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
654 Posts
you'll only see the display for an open trunk/bag if the key is in. When you press the button if the lights flash only once start checking the wires like suggested before. If they flash multiple times you have a trunk or bag that is not latched completely or the sensor needs adjustment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I recall a thread about needing to lock the truck with the key first and then using the FOB to unlock it....or visa versa...but some combination of the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts