GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have finally gotten to the part of lifting the top shelter off when it wouldn't come. Looks like and RCA type plug for an antenna and it wont budge. I've tried pushing and pulling while turning right and left. No movement at all. Got in there with a flashlight and there are several case screws on the bottom and one positioned under the plug. Is that by any chance a set screw? I don't want to take it out if it isn't. Thought I say someone reach up there and pull it lose. Any suggestions? This is a 2006 GW. If I didn't know better Popeye put this whole bike together right after eating his spinach. Thanks for all replies. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
should just pull out. I have had a couple stubborn ones. I'm quite sure there never was any set screw, however I have seen some goofy things some people have done to their equipment for one odd reason or another!

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
It's just a friction fitting. Get a good grip and pull it straight back. Next time you'll wonder why it seemed so difficult.
Richard

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here is photo of my SWR meter connected to the Motorola connectors for the CB antenna. They just pull apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
It's not exactly like an RCA plug, but it's close. It's metal on the outside with a longer pin at the end.

Get a foot-long pair of 90-degree needle-nosed pliers, there should be enough metal of the cable end sticking out of the radio that you can get a grip on it with those.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I can try to reach up in there to see I some metal is available for me to twist with. It is definitely stuck in there. Taking it apart from the connection under the seat is easy but it would be murder to unwrap tape from my wiring harness to fish out the cable running from the seat all the way to the radio. Will give it a twist with pair of pliers and hope I don't damage the cable. Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts