GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I cannot find any online videos that show how to remove it to get at the air filter.

I have a copy of Fred's videos but cannot find them after a house move. I also have a Honda workshop manual but can't seem to locate the section that talks about removal of the airbag to get at the filter.

Could someone pls help me or guide me to a YouTube resource that might help me?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Take your time and don't disconnect any bright yellow connectors and you'll be fine. The hardest (as in the most PIA) part is removing and replacing the flaps on either side of the gas door.
Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 001.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 002.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 003.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 004.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 005.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 006.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 007.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 008.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 009.jpg Air Bag Gas Door Wings - 010.jpg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It isn’t necessary to remove the airbag module to replace the air filter. You need the shop manual.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take your time and don't disconnect any bright yellow connectors and you'll be fine. The hardest (as in the most PIA) part is removing and replacing the flaps on either side of the gas door.
View attachment 367193 View attachment 367194 View attachment 367195 View attachment 367196 View attachment 367197 View attachment 367198 View attachment 367199 View attachment 367200 View attachment 367201 View attachment 367202
Hi. I got the side flaps off firstly didn't have much of a problem. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It isn’t necessary to remove the airbag module to replace the air filter. You need the shop manual.
Hi Len. I have the workshop manual as I mentioned in my post. So maybe a dumb question. How do you get at the airfilter without removing the airbag as it's underneath the airbag isn't it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. Anyone have any help about changing the filter? I cannot find it in the workshop manual maybe I have some pages missing I am not sure.
Could someone please have a look for me?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Anyone have any help about changing the filter? I cannot find it in the workshop manual maybe I have some pages missing I am not sure.
Could someone please have a look for me?

Hi guys. So this is a bummer

No one can help me out with a video of how to take the airbag off to get at the filter?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Do NOT take the Air Bag off. No need to do so. The Air Filter is in front of and lower than the Air Bag. It may make it slightly more convenient to remove the bolts/screws that hold the Air Bag Frame to the bike; but removal of the Air Bag from the bike is not necessary.

·
Vendor
16,404 Posts
I unbolt the airbag and hang it from the right handle-bar. Be sure to use the correct torque when reinstalling the airbag bolts.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
What ever you do treat that air bag with the respect it deserves! It is as an explosive device... everything is peachy and creams until it isn’t. Please handle with care follow the battery disconnecting and wait a few minutes before working on it as recommended... best of luck!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I have a "How to" pictorial documentary on changing the air filter on an airbag model. The thread is in the "How To" forum. Here is the link to that thread: Air Filter Change for Airbag Models

My original set of pictures were stored on Photobucket but I have since moved them to Google. The revised link is in that thread at the very end but in case you don't read that far and get confused by the broken link in the initial post, here is the link to the Air Filter Change on Airbag model Google picture album:

I also have similar documentation on removing the top shelter (which is needed to change the filter in the "How To" forum. Here is a link to the Top Shelter Removal thread.

Hi. I cannot find any online videos that show how to remove it to get at the air filter.

I have a copy of Fred's videos but cannot find them after a house move. I also have a Honda workshop manual but can't seem to locate the section that talks about removal of the airbag to get at the filter.

Could someone pls help me or guide me to a YouTube resource that might help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts