GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Traxxion upgraded forks and as many others have found the Wing is a little of a problem when it comes to bleeding the brakes. I'm real close to removing the hose to the antidive valve, the small master cylinder(on the left front caliper and hose to both. I plan to make a block to fit where the master cylinder on the left front caliper is and trace the hose up and plug where it goes into to something (not sure what that is just yet). Has anyone else tried to do this yet .

·
Registered
359 Posts
Brakes

You should not need to bleed the brakes after installing the springs. When you remove the Anti -dive plunger from the fork leg no fluid will be lost.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I see what you are into. I believe I would leave it as Max does. Make sure you follow the sequency in bleeding and I believe the old steady pump, hold, loosen fitting and bleed routine is best. After tightening the bleeder, return teh brake lever very slowly.

prs

·
Registered
230 Posts
Brake bleeding

It is very important to follow the proper sequence when bleeding the Gold Wing brakes.I have an electric vacuum pump that I rigged up with a collecter bottle that I use.Just pull a vacuum on the hose slipped over the bleeder screw.Be careful not to empty the resevoir.Just bleed a little,then refill the reservoir.You may have to put teflon tape on the bleeder screw if you see too many small bubbles.I had to bleed the rear brakes after the Traxxion upgrade.The manual explains this very clearly....Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Not only was I looking to reduce the problem when bleeding the brakes but, also the problem later on, if either the anti-dive valve or master cylinder on the wheel start leaking. They now do nothing but, hold the left front wheel caliper from moving, stop brake fluid from moving and cap hole in left fork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts