·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for instructions on this and couldn't find any...so here it is:
Situation: need to remove front wheel for tire change
I do have the shop manual with step by step
The bike: 2010 GL1800 with ABS
The question: Do I need to remove the brake calipers as instructed or will the wheel come out with calipers in place?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Just one, preferably the left one as you're looking at the bike from the front. Use a small bungee to support the caliper while it's off the mount. Very easy to do. And while the caliper is off, DO NOT squeeze the front brake handle or push down on the rear brake pedal.

After you re-install the caliper, be sure to "pump" both brakes before you take off down the road.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
As per Bartman + I put large strips of duct tape on the rim that's behind the forks just in case the wheel contacts anything on it's way off. Prevents scratches!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I used to do it this way with my VTX but I wasn't quite sure with the ABS on the Wing.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
When reinstalling the brake caliper be very careful on the two mounting bolts, they are soft , I'd use a torque wrench.

·
Registered
251 Posts
remove frt wheel

KD just remember to be careful with the ABS ring,they break very easy,I know....I leaned it against a stool and it was hitting the ring and i didn't see it and it broke....JB welded it and its still going strong..... new ones are about 55 buckaroos

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I searched for instructions on this and couldn't find any...so here it is:
Situation: need to remove front wheel for tire change
I do have the shop manual with step by step
The bike: 2010 GL1800 with ABS
The question: Do I need to remove the brake calipers as instructed or will the wheel come out with calipers in place?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
buy Fred's video. They pay for themselves in one maintenance process such as changing the air filter. Can you search and find how to do specific maintenance tasks? Yes, but the video's are great and well worth the money. Plus Fred seems to respond to questions very promptly.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Who's fred and where are his videos listed for purchase...

J.D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts