GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed Iso Grips in one piece with success? I'm not worried about the left one, it's the right one I expect trouble from. I used Grip Glue, not super glue, to install them!

I haven't liked them for the last 26,000 miles so I thought it was time I did something about it! :oops: LOL... Going back to the good ole Drag Sundance foam grips.

TIA..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Red, you should be able to separate the grip from the throttle sleeve by working the rubber pads loose with a long thin straight slot screwdriver or similar tool by working it in between and around. You could also try a generous dose of Goo-Gone poured down into the crevices and let it soak a little while. I did this once(without the Goo Gone) and had no problem. Took about 5 minutes. I don't think the Goo-Gone will harm the rubber pads, but you could research that a little.
Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another trick some have used is an air compressor. Blow the high pressure air into the end. I used this method to install some foam overgrips.

JB

·
Registered
791 Posts
Why not just buy a new throttle sleeve? Looks like about $12.00.

Ken

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not in one piece! The only way I've been able to get them off is to cut the metal then the rubber. I'm with you the good old foam grips work best for me also :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts