GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used bike with some pieces of trim that I would prefer to remove. How easy is it and what does the end result look like?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Is it on with double sided sticky tape?
I've heard of taking a real small fishing line and slide it in between the trim and the bike to cut through the tape.
Then take the tape off the bike with remover.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
To be a little more specific, once you've removed the trim as suggested, something like GooGone works really well to remove any remaining adhesive. It's usually not a difficult task, and once completed, you'll never know the trim had been there - unless it's a dark-colored bike and there's been some fading of the color!

·
Registered
466 Posts
just wait

[HR][/HR]
Wait a couple years and it will fall off like my front fender trim did

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Heat the trim with a hair dryer. Peal the piece off. Use Goo Gone to remove any trace of the glue.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Depends what you want to remove some are easy some are real pain take for instance the kuryi shark gills I removed man that was hard in the end i got them off but the silicon residue is still there :thumbup:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Glued parts

After removing the shark gills, just put the chrome center piece cover on to cover up the glue residue. Kury sells that also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts