GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to pop out the left faring pocket clips using a screwdriver. There must be a better way.

thanks,

kent

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Push the round center in first. It will push in about 1/8 of an inch. Then take your fingernail and lift at the edge of the clip.

That's all it takes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike swallowed one up before I had a good grip, doh. They are about $2.35 each from the Honda shop.

kent

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You would think that one of the accessory companies would jump on those fairing pocket clips, some of the other push button clips are available, but not these. Someone ought to make up a package of 5 or 10 of those for a reasonable price, the price of buying them one at a time is ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hal sells a low profile rivet that works well as a replacement
Part #: BIG-3106
I already tried those, they won't work on the fairing pockets, they're a different diameter from the flush mounts.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
You can buy some extra ones from your Honda Dealer pretty inexpensively and I've found it extremely useful to have a few extras of these (and other items like screws and grommets) in my own tool kit I carry with me.

DaleC

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Guys,

The best that I have found for removing the pins/clips is a bent nosed "HEMOSTAT".Thanks to Dr. Rob. Back in my younger day, I used the hemostat for another purpose, but that is another story...LOL

With the Hemostat, you can push the center of the pin in, and then open the hemostat and you put a locked death grip on that pin. Only place it is going, is where you want it to. Rob and I keep a hemostat (new,clean, no residue) in our tool kit. Also we keep a few extra pins, grommets and fuses in the kit as well.

Bulldog & Rob

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Wingman26 said:
Hal sells a low profile rivet that works well as a replacement
Part #: BIG-3106
I already tried those, they won't work on the fairing pockets, they're a different diameter from the flush mounts.
I retrieved the following from my notes:

Fairing pocket plastic rivets: Honda car part # 90116-SPO-003

I don't know what the cost is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts