GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what it takes to remove the large silver portion of the fairing?

Thinking of having it color matched but not if it requires full fairing removal.

Wondering how expensive it would be to have all black and silver panels repainted.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Anyone know what it takes to remove the large silver portion of the fairing?

Thinking of having it color matched but not if it requires full fairing removal.

Wondering how expensive it would be to have all black and silver panels repainted.
Was looking at the '12s and first thing my wife said "If the silver was the same color as the bike it sure would be ugly!" I tend to agree.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Gee, and I was planning on painting my black 08 with silver side fairings, but if it ain't going to make the bike ride better, safer, more comfortable or more efficient .......I ain't wasting my money especially if Ben Bernake and the idiots in DC are going to continue to screw up the economy and the stock market.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Was looking at the '12s and first thing my wife said "If the silver was the same color as the bike it sure would be ugly!" I tend to agree.

Tell her to go around and look at the back end.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I like the 2-tone. It looks much better then the solid colors that preceded it. I Have an '08 titanium. My son said it looks like they took an accord and squished it together from the sides. Ever since he said that, I think of it being an accord squished together. I like the looks of the 2-tone. Don't give up too quick.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Silver side panels

I say go for it. I would love to trade my 03 Candy red but I hate the large silver sides on the 12s.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The only way you are going to separate them is by removing the whole cowl or each half separetly to separate the two colors from each other.

Custom painting is Work! Get to it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like the 2-tone. It looks much better then the solid colors that preceded it. I Have an '08 titanium. My son said it looks like they took an accord and squished it together from the sides. Ever since he said that, I think of it being an accord squished together. I like the looks of the 2-tone. Don't give up too quick.
Dave,
I'll take that ugly 08' Titanium off your hands.
After all you have offended your current steed with that
'I like the 2-tone' comment.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The screws are on the inside of the fairing. Go to www.Niehausecycle.com to look at various color panels.

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
I sent you a p.m on the fairing sides.. if you want a price on all the pieces, send me a list and would be more than happy to quote it for you

Thanks
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts