·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remus Sport Stainless Slip-On Exhaust For Honda Goldwing 2018-2020

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
With slip-on pipes there is little to be gained except sound and looks. Most of the back pressure comes from the catalytic converters. I had a 2012 BMW K1600GTL with a full Remus exhaust and traded it in on a K1600GTL Exclusive. The Exclusive was smoother and felt faster with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the unit did not have the electronics and was at 100% all the time AND I could use the side cover on the muffler still...I may pull the trigger...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the unit did not have the electronics and was at 100% all the time AND I could use the side cover on the muffler still...I may pull the trigger...
I'm not sure but I don't think you can see the missing side cover

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
878 Posts
seems like a lot of money for a lot of noise....I could just take the wife and save some $$$
Her pounding on your helmet isn't loud to the rest of us, so there's that...

:)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
$2900 for slip-on's? They must be very proud of their exhaust. Their BMW exhaust is priced similarly......so I went with another company at a quarter of the price. Sounds good plus it's 19 pounds lighter. My Goldwing was one of the few (if not the only) bikes I did not change the pipes on. I would probably go with Vance & Hines at 1/3 the price if I was so inclined.

·
Registered
116 Posts
$2900 for slip-on's? They must be very proud of their exhaust. Their BMW exhaust is priced similarly......so I went with another company at a quarter of the price. Sounds good plus it's 19 pounds lighter. My Goldwing was one of the few (if not the only) bikes I did not change the pipes on. I would probably go with Vance & Hines at 1/3 the price if I was so inclined.
My Harley Ultra Classic got Vance & Hines Power Duals and Monster Ovals. My wing will stay stock. Different animal completely.

·
Registered
116 Posts
But installing a car tire would.
Only if the manufacturer can prove that the modification caused the need for the repair you are seeking warranty coverage for. They certainly can't void the entire warranty, despite what a dealer would want you to believe. Check the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'll never get 'get it.' WHY ?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Watch the post a few months from now/several thousand miles from now wondering why something ELSE is screwed up on the bike.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Only if the manufacturer can prove that the modification caused the need for the repair you are seeking warranty coverage for. They certainly can't void the entire warranty, despite what a dealer would want you to believe. Check the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Yeah, I hear that. Service manager refused to submit a claim on my Harley because of the CT before he even figured out what the problem was with the bike (slight noise from tranny). This Remus exhaust also plugs into the electrical system along with modifying the bike performance, i.e. drive train load and electrical load. According to Harley, this is beyond what the bike was designed to handle. So yeah, get an attorney and try to fight the loss of warranty because the MMWA says so.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Get the Two Brothers. No electronics and open 100% of the time and uses the stock chrome covers. Its either them or the Remus. No one else makes anything exhaust wise for the new Wings.

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
878 Posts
I was thinking about getting my pipes 24kt gold-plated. They'd look better and cost less. :)
Tarnish resistant, too! Less cleaning/polishing than chrome!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts