GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
878 Posts
I really appreciate the quiet sound of the Wing. Even though the new one is "louder" than the old one, it's still so quiet compared to most cruisers.

Yes, I know the myth that "loud pipes save lives" - but they give driver's licenses to deaf people, and cars are getting better and better sound deadening every year. HOWEVER, they do not give licenses to blind people, so I put my money in more lights/modulators - still not a guarantee, but I'll take my chances with that, rather than blowing out my (and other people's) ears from loud pipes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ha, good one, Dan. That "less cleaning" concept might be a winner. It's a real challenge to clean those exhausts on my 18 DCT tour. I literally have to do them on my knees. Neighbors probably think I'm praying to my Ardent Red idol.
Time to gold plate all that shiny chrome! I mean, come on - bling bling!

Then get the Icon Airflite El Centro to complete the look:

·
Registered
62 Posts
This definitely looks like a very well built system but for the life of me I can't see 3 grand for a set of slip-ons. There is no tuner available to adjust fuel tables for a more open exhaust so this is strictly for sound, which is fine if that's all you want but for 3 grand? I think even the Two Brothers slip-ons are overpriced and they're 1/3 the price of these.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will be selling my two brothers. 450 miles on them perfect condition.
This definitely looks like a very well built system but for the life of me I can't see 3 grand for a set of slip-ons. There is no tuner available to adjust fuel tables for a more open exhaust so this is strictly for sound, which is fine if that's all you want but for 3 grand? I think even the Two Brothers slip-ons are overpriced and they're 1/3 the price of these.
There is a one step tuner available.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You are correct there is no tuner available and I doubt they'll ever be one due to the way the bike runs at the lower RPM level unlike other bikes including BMW and so forth you have a very lean condition at low RPM before below 3000. I'm going to add the Remus which is very free-flowing compared to stock so I want to add a few points to the richness or fuel. There is no control with this product but it does richen up the mixture which I will need with the extra air flow.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Motorcycling is a hobby.

There is no rationalizing anything anybody does in a recreational pastime.

Why do people collect stamps? Guitars? BARB WIRE? Why? Why? Why? Apparently, some folks think it's fun.

Tim

People collect barbed wire ??? I didn't know that. Thank you for calling motorcycling a hobby, which it is. It is NOt a 'sport.'

·
Registered
867 Posts
I really appreciate the quiet sound of the Wing. Even though the new one is "louder" than the old one, it's still so quiet compared to most cruisers.

Yes, I know the myth that "loud pipes save lives" - but they give driver's licenses to deaf people, and cars are getting better and better sound deadening every year. HOWEVER, they do not give licenses to blind people, so I put my money in more lights/modulators - still not a guarantee, but I'll take my chances with that, rather than blowing out my (and other people's) ears from loud pipes.

"Loud pipes save lives." You are soooo rigght. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
878 Posts
People collect barbed wire ??? I didn't know that. Thank you for calling motorcycling a hobby, which it is. It is NOt a 'sport.'
And you know what else I consider a "hobby"? Soccer.

Now, hear me out.

A sport implies competition - you will have a winner and a loser.

But soccer? You can end up a match (not even a game - see? Sports are games) with 0-0 tie. No winner - and in fact, NO ONE EVEN MADE A POINT/SCORE/GOAL to count!

Now, if that doesn't say "not a sport", well, I dunno what does!

Reactions: Hoopdc

·
Registered
789 Posts
I had heard of barbed wire collectors, likely on Antiques Road Show or something like that. Just for laughs I just now googled "Barbed Wire Collectors", and this popped up:

Whoulda thunk it? Lol.

My "Barb Wire" poster collection now doesn't seem so ridiculous. :)

Tim

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You are correct there is no tuner available and I doubt they'll ever be one due to the way the bike runs at the lower RPM level unlike other bikes including BMW and so forth you have a very lean condition at low RPM before below 3000. I'm going to add the Remus which is very free-flowing compared to stock so I want to add a few points to the richness or fuel. There is no control with this product but it does richen up the mixture which I will need with the extra air flow.

if this is true, why do you want to "fix" that?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I will be selling my two brothers. 450 miles on them perfect condition.

There is a one step tuner available.
Can you share the information and let me know when and where so I can starting researching the TWO BROTHERS?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
very hard to find information because there's not a lot out there on a Goldwing. If you search Two Brothers exhaust Honda Goldwing Forum you're going to pick up quite a bit of information. I will say that it's one of the best exhausts I've had it gives you a little bit of attitude not much just enough to hear your engine and hear your bike shifting it was just perfect for me. Now I'm getting a free flow exhaust and doing some modifications to the engine and that's the only reason that I'm selling it.
Can you share the information and let me know when and where so I can starting researching the TWO BROTHERS?
You can send me a private message and I could give you a lot of information if you want it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
And you know what else I consider a "hobby"? Soccer.

Now, hear me out.

A sport implies competition - you will have a winner and a loser.

But soccer? You can end up a match (not even a game - see? Sports are games) with 0-0 tie. No winner - and in fact, NO ONE EVEN MADE A POINT/SCORE/GOAL to count!

Now, if that doesn't say "not a sport", well, I dunno what does!

Good points !!! I have never played soccer in my life. But, I do consider it a sport. You're running stop and go for long periods of time, it does take skill, stamina, and you're competing against someone UNDER YOUR OWN POWER. And you're not DRIVING from one place to another like virtually EVERY amatuer golfer does from hole to hole. Yes or no ?? Yes.

ShanghaiBoy, I think this post will be moved by the MODS.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts