GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife and I are going to Hawaii in April to celebrate my sixtieth birthday. I would like to rent a bike for one day a ride around the island. Can I rent a Goldwing? I'm pretty sure there are Harleys available. I think it would be great to cruise around the circumference of the island. Any help, suggestions appreciated.

Jay

·
Registered
393 Posts
Which Island?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
On Maui, last October, I had real good service from the Aloha Toystore -Harley though - highly recommend. Don't know about Wings there.

·
Registered
747 Posts
dont know about wings but there is a placen that rents harleys on the left just after leaving airport and there is another place on right close to the only safeway store. take rain gear and the traffic usually averages about 35 on their crowded few streets.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Yes, there is a Harley dealer in Honolulu a few miles from the airport. Corner of N. Nimitz Hwy and Kalihi St. Last year went in there while doing work on the island for a 2 week stay. Could not fit my bike on the plane, but did find room for golf clubs... :D

I lived there for 5 years back in the 80's so touring was not a big thing for me. Just going back to the old neighborhood was something to see. Oahu has gotton sooooo crowded and too busy for my liking...

Eagle Rider only shows Harley's for rent...Could not find a honda rental place on line for ya

Good luck!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a rental dealer in Honolulu who will ship a Gold Wing to any island for you. He's in the gold book as an GWRRA officer in Hawaii. His first name is Gary, I can't remember his last name. I met him through the gold book and he arraigned a wing for me to ride in Honolulu. This was before he started a business. I have rented a Harley in Maui, to ride the Hanna Highway, do it! Harley wasn't a wing though. Wife hated it. Gary even gave me a certificate that I had ridden in Hawaii.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information...

I think I posted this one night very early in the morning and forgot about it. Sorry. My wife is nurse and works nights. So, we keep weired hours.
We will be going to 'Hawaii'. the big island. I hope that we can rent a Harley if not a Wing. Thank you again for your input.

Jay/Gail

·
Registered
692 Posts
Theres a place in Kailua-Kona (south of the airport) that rents HD's and scooters. They are right next to were the Iron Man race starts, and a Irish Pub. The roads are nice and quiet on the big island, one side of the island is like a rain forest (east) and the other side is dry (west). You will have a great time.
Dennis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts