GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea if the earlier car remote's will work on a 08 Wing? If so which ones?

TIA,
John

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I've seen car remotes on ebay that claim they will work the goldwing. I believe they were honda remotes like for the CRV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Goldwing remote

Look at code on back of your remote and perform a search of ebay for 2008 Honda Goldwing remotes. My search, indicates that there are indeed Honda Car remotes that will work on your 2008, as long as the code is identical. ( I just purchased one for my 2001...and it works)

M

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that the car ones work on the GL1800 as I have used them on my earlier bikes, but the ones I have seen on Ebay say that they only go up to 06 that is why I asked.

Thanks

Look at code on back of your remote and perform a search of ebay for 2008 Honda Goldwing remotes. My search, indicates that there are indeed Honda Car remotes that will work on your 2008, as long as the code is identical. ( I just purchased one for my 2001...and it works)

M

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remote

I just got on from Ebay $10.00. Works great, just need the knowledge of how to make it learn your bike It is in the service manual. The E4EG8DJ is the code. Let me know if you the manual info. Took all of 2 minutes to make work! I have a 2007 Wing
:thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts