GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
There is no provision for motorcycles in the PA Lemon Law.
As I suspected. Many states do NOT have 'lemon law' for vehicles outside of cars and light-duty, non-commercially registered trucks.

Depending upon the level of after-market accessories added to it, there will be a point in time that Honda will want to take that bike (and the box full of components) back to Torrance and do an autopsy on it.

If that bike doesn't have a lot of farkles installed, I'd be curious to know when that threshold is reached.

The owner really needs to be keeping his own records of the amount of effort, and the parts/pieces replaced. This total amount of parts and labor needs to be tallied. In the aerospace world, 'beyond economical repair' was claimed at 70% of the cost of a new item when it was manufactured.

Honda has a replacement threshold, we just don't know what it is.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thy have replaced the ECU four times.
Replacing ECUs is what people do, who don’t know how to troubleshoot. This sounds like a bad main ignition switch, But that seems so basic, that I would have thought that would have been done already. Perhaps a loose ground wire back to the battery, bad ground connection really strikes me

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
The wiring harness has been changed out, I really doubt there is a loose connection anywhere unless the tech guy is a total idiot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At this point Honda is reaching the point of diminishing return and has a lot of money in it. It's in everyone's best interest to replace the bike and sell the lemon for salvage. I'm in Maryland and would gladly buy it for salvage at no more than $1,500.
I would think at this point that Honda would actually want to get their hands on this bike to do a full analysis and find out what is actually wrong. At minimum it would be good info for a technical bulletin and beyond that, possibly even a design change. It certainly sounds like a one-off issue, but I'd think Honda would want zero.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, all:

I am an attorney, and I subscribe to an online referral service. Some good referral come through, and some are dogs. Often, people will have inquiries that are totally unrelated to our practice, such as the one below. A gentleman contacted us about pursuing a Lemon Law claim on a 2020 Goldwing. I don't do Lemon Law cases, but I thought the experienced members here might have some armchair advice for this fellow. Any advice or thoughts you have will be passed on to the gentleman. Please excuse his grammatical deficiencies; I have not edited his inquiry.

Thank you.

Numerous attempts were made to my bike and the dealership has tried many time fixing it. Honda on the other hand doesn't want to comply with getting me another bike. Yes it's a new bike and yes I am still under warranty.i am retired my wife works Monday thru Friday .this has been very disappointing. There is nothing else that they could keep replacing on the bike.

So long story short one day my wife and I were driving in a gas station bike wouldn't start turned it off then it started we arrive in our driveway and All light blacked out. Dealership replaced a few things here comes the following week come pick it up. Bearly got out the driveway and it did it again. Then waiting for part. They tried again all lights go out again. Then they ordered a main harness waited 4weeks for them to do the job they call it's ready. Again all lights gone turn bike off try turning it on nothing happened.

Yesterday we pick up the bike today we hardly put 80miles on it we left the restaurant as we are leaving it happens again all lights off again it's running ((But)) as soon as it turns off that's it it never turns back on. So the bike so far is here in our home we have paperwork of all orders that were performed to the unit. Hope to here something from you guys I just wouldn't want to wait around again more and more waiting for a new bike again.
[email protected]

41 - 47 of 47 Posts