GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year back or so, I drilled 2 small holes in the meter panel to install a ram mount. :shock:
I have since moved the mount and now have 2 holes I would like to fill before I go ahead and paint the meter panel. :oops:

Any advice on what to use and how to fill the holes, sand, etc. properly?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Ken

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would use a soldering iron & melt the surrounding plastic into the hole then skim over with car body filler & sand down then paint but use a plastic primer on panel or top coat make not stick.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up some plastic plugs. The come in different sizes, white or black (I'm sure you could paint them to color match something) and just pop into the right size hole.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
Ken, you might want to make a Redhead on the other side of the state a offer on a almost new one. I have a extra off of my '05.

Let me know if you are interested.....

[email protected]

·
Registered
21,133 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
cycledude said:
rrp0968 said:
You could also more than likely find a new meter panel on Ebay for a lil of nothing.

Here is one.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-GO ... enameZWDVW

RRP
chrome inlay ? black ? probably nice but i don't think it's in original factory condition
Looks to be the factory color to me......pic is kinda dark. All I see different is the chrome inlay.

These things pop up on Ebay all the time. And Red has offered up some as well. I would rather go this route than have some botched up repair on the dash.

Just my .02

RRP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts