GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 1800 has hit the 2-year old mark. Many wingers, and a couple of Honda dealer service guys, have told me that 2 years is replacement time for an 1800 battery. Our GWRRA chapter director's 1800 was 2 years and one month old when his battery "died" in the Smokies of N.C.
What's the best battery to go with?? I've heard everything from "get one at Walmart", to "got mine at AutoZone", to "get an Interstate"..... I'm not wealthy, but I don't mind paying for the "best" battery.... I don't want to stop at a rest area in the middle of nowhere and my battery is dead. Should I go back with the OE from the Honda dealer?
Thanks for any and all advice...... Ride Safe.... Stobby.

·
Registered
300 Posts
batteries

well the best i can offer is that almost any motorcycle battery that is wetted only when you buy it will be ok in other words it is does not already have acid in it . they put it in when you buy it. but things like brand name go along way as far as reputation goes ..when i change mine out it will be replaced with an interstate but that is my opinion of a good battery.because the ingredients make or break the recipe if you catch my drift..

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
The Wing battery is a 3 year warranty item. Mine made it 22 months before it started losing power on start up. It never did check out completely, but my dealer replaced it for me. :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
best battery is the stock battery...it is totally warranted. Mine went out 17 months on my 02. got a new one under warranty.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Battery.........

My battery is over 3 years old and still going very strong, when i hook up my battery tender it goes into the float mode very quickly.
However, i will order a new yuasa
before the riding season starts.
JD
:biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts