GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I'll bump this up for you. I just installed isogrips and have an interest for when the time comes for me to follow suit.
BTW I didn't think much about it but the larger grip saved my Wing. After some suggestions from here I rearranged and rebuilt my highway pegs and put on the isogrips for giggles. They gave that little extra reach and I got my foot position to comfort. I am reconsidering the seat mod now. We are taking the trip to Kerrville in April and I think that will be a long enough trip to make the decision.
Cheers :popcorn:

·
Registered
547 Posts
When I removed a broken Iso grip, I took bolt cutters and cut the frame of the grip. I was able to basically peel it right off.

·
Registered
469 Posts
To remove mine, I took an exacto kinfe, (?) and cut around all the rubber circles in the grip, pulled out the pieces, then the metal part of the grip came off with a little pulling, then took a small screwdriver to remove the rest of the rubber that was still stuck on. I'm sure there's a better or easier way, but this worked for me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take the end cap off, use a air hose with a blow gun and shoot air between the grip and the handlebar to break the glue loose. After the glue is loose pull the grip while shooting the air between the grip and handlebar and the grip will slide off

·
Registered
559 Posts
Gotta be a better way to design these grips

I am trying to remove my ISO grips. It looks like the only way to get them off (they were glued on - not by me) is destructive removal. I guess the design is fine if you never intend to remove the grips or don't care if they're destroyed in the removal process. I suppose it's a +1 for Kury that to replace the grips (or rotate them, or anything), you gotta destroy the ones you have and buy new. Well, I'm buying new, but not Kury.

Rant concluded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts