GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the DG in March and, now 23,339 miles later, it was due for replacement. I ran it at 26 PSI, as advised by Pooch, and the tread wore fairly even, all the way across. Though it did wear a little more on the right side than the left. Coulda squeezed another thousand or two out of it, but not worth risking my bacon. I have enjoyed this tire, as it handles almost as good as the Pirelli SC it replaced, which wore out in 10,000 miles.

I installed another Pirelli SC today, since it was already mounted and waiting. This will give me yet another chance to compare the SC and the DG, back to back. I really like them both. Since I don't ride very aggressively, can't really comment much on performance, but for my use, they are close.

The BT45 on the front has a bit over 10,000 miles now, and going strong. I got 30,000 out of the last one, but probably shoulda changed it at closer to 25,000. The center wore like iron, but the sides were getting wavy and caused it to handle a bit wonky for the final 5000 miles or so.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rail changed out my Driveguard at 30K, and had just a bit of cupping...ran at 28, mostly slab one up. My BT-45 is at 22K, and looks to be good for another few K...it ran at 40 pounds. Very happy with this combo.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headed out the door to put about 100-200 miles on the new SC today. I set it at 44 PSI for now, to seat the bead, then will drop it to 30, and later as low as 26. Not sure how it will feel at 26, but will find out. The DG felt great at 26.

Worth mentioning, I ran the above with no beads or other balancing provisions. Same for the BT45 on the front. As expected, it did not make any difference on mileage or wear pattern, and the bike was smooth as ever. Not running anything in/on this SC for balance either, unless I feel a need later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts