GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions on the Cowl mounted LED AUX lights.

I have a set of NON-LED amber Cowl mounted Auxiliary running lights on my 05 Wing now, but I don’t know the manufacturer, as they came with the bike when I purchased it used.

The left light has blown out and instead of getting a new bulb, I am considering replacing the both lights with an LED set, such as those sold at EC (p/n 01279) or Hondaline (ELE-01279). I figure an LED configuration will last longer and won’t be as bright as the lights I have now, but the LEDs will still be bright enough to be noticeable to oncoming traffic.

How hard is it to replace my AUX lights with these LEDs? Can I keep the existing light harness and switch, and just splice these new LEDS onto the wires behind the cowl? The Honda direct web page says these lights can be configured for low and/or high beam use.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Yes, the EC LED Aux lights will do what you want. I have them and they are quite visible to on-coming traffic.

The EC kit is plug and play with the Wing's harness so, you won't need to do any splicing. However, I wired mine to blink with the turn signals and it's a really neat effect. That did require a little splicing, but was very easy to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts