GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, I am relatively new to this forum, but haven't found anything discussing seat replacement. I am a former Suzuki GSXR rider, so am used to my butt falling off after 100 miles, but that should not be the case on a Goldwing. That said, I am finding the Goldwing seat to be less than comfortable on long rides, and was wondering if there are favorite seats, aftermarket covers or pads that riders particularly like. Cruiseman talks about Wingsoft seat rebuilds in his videos; does anyone have experience with that?

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
Do a search. I have the Wingsoft mod (better than stock) A full seat from RDL, Ultimate or Corbin would easily better the Wingsoft( at a cost 3-5 times)

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you decide to send your seat to RDL (6 week process) I have a extra oem seat to sell. I bought a Corbin so now I have an extra. FWIW RDL seems to be the most popular.

I bought a fire/ice Corbin for $900. I was in the same boat as you. Non tour so no heated seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I have 2 RDL seats, one on GL1800 and one on GSA, I've had Corbin and Sargent seat and I won't go back to either of those 2 seats.

·
Registered
793 Posts
HI All, I am relatively new to this forum, but haven't found anything discussing seat replacement. I am a former Suzuki GSXR rider, so am used to my butt falling off after 100 miles, but that should not be the case on a Goldwing. That said, I am finding the Goldwing seat to be less than comfortable on long rides, and was wondering if there are favorite seats, aftermarket covers or pads that riders particularly like. Cruiseman talks about Wingsoft seat rebuilds in his videos; does anyone have experience with that?
What part of the country do you live in?

Tim

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've been pretty comfy on the stock seat on my '8 and '14 wings and have done 1000 + mile days .. but had a RDL (Russel Day Long https://day-long.com/ ) on my ST1300 prior to that... and that was truly blessing for the backside...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I too have an extra seat for sale, I went the Corbin way, my Harley has one, after 20 years its been great, so I ordered one for the new wing. I have only put a few hundred miles so I cannot comment on how it will feel after 10-12 hours in the seat. Texas riding weather will be here in about 30 or so days, I will let you know then, but I do love the look.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hartco also makes a VERY nice seat for the 2018+. Since you do NOT have heat, you do NOT have to send them your seat. They provide a COMPLETELY new seat, seat pan and all.

Mark Hart owns both Hartco and Diamond Custom.

http://hartcoseats.com/honda-goldwing/

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOrthern New Jersey, Near NYC area

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have 2 RDL seats, one on GL1800 and one on GSA, I've had Corbin and Sargent seat and I won't go back to either of those 2 seats.
I’ve had a lot of bikes, and seat issues have often been in play.

I’ve had some excellent Sargents. Before the 2008 recession, there was a fellow named Bill there, and he made me several very comfortable custom seats, but I’ve had a few dogs from them since he left.

I’ve had several Corbin seats. The seats are heavy and a bit crude on the underside, but most of them have been comfortable. Corbin customer service and support are pretty weak. At least they used to be.

I’ve had many Russell seats, most mail ordered, but some ride in appointments.

They’re a mixed bag. I loved their seat for the Rocket III Tourings. Hated it for the K1600GTL. Lousy on FJR. Mediocre on Triumph Tiger Explorer. They’ve run the gamut from incredibly good to really uncomfortable even after adjustments.

Buying a seat is a crap shoot. If I had to roll the dice, I’d probably give the first shot to Corbin. You can always resell it if you don’t like it. Every Russell is one off, and although they can be sold, I’ve suffered bigger losses with Russell than with Corbin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We've put about a thousand miles on our RDL. It wasn't exactly what I'd expected, at first -- but the more we ride on it, the better I like it. So much more lateral stability than the OEM seat. Took some getting used to when coming to a stop (tippy toes; haven't had to to that in ages). But once we're moving down the road, I'm finding it more and more comfortable.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i had my seat redone on my non tour at astech seats jones boro ind they can reshape / put gel pad and heater if you like

also i have a back rack for sale if your interested for the non tour

g

p.s. astechseat.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts