GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the collective,

2008 GL1800 with original remote battery.

I think it is getting weak as per the description in the owner's manual.

My question is: When I do replace the remote battery, will I have to re-program the remote to the bike? Doing so is not indicated in the owner's manual, but if doing so is required I would prefer to do so at a convenient place & time.

TIA

Snappa

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm interested in hearing what you find out...if you do or don't have to reprogram after battery change. If you do have to reprogram it and don't have the info (or someone else reads this and doesn't have the owner's manual), this is how you do it:

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.
2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the original transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the original transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.
5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.
6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

NOTE:
"press the trunk Pop-Up button" means to press this button and hold
it until the little light on the transmitter comes on.

You can use the same procedure with the Honda CRV remote as well (1997-99 models, not sure about later ones). Make sure the remote has FCC ID E4EG8DJ on the back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done. did not have to reprogram!

snappa

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good to know...ride safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts