GL1800Riders Forums banner

Replacing small Hondaline trunk rack with spoiler and new rack

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jcbrew 
#1 ·
I have searched the board and read all the post on issues with racks, chrome, cracks and using load spreading washers. However as anyone ever replaced one with a different model.

My GL1800 came with the Hondaline rack already installed, the rack is too small and so far back it slants backwards making pretty much a 'for show' only piece. It also does not allow for a rear spoiler.

This is what I would like to do; take off the Hondaline rack and put on a spoiler then add a larger tubular rack I've seen in other posts, I think its made by add-on.

The issue is of course the holes left by the old Hondaline rack, as anyone done this and if so how did you handle the holes left? Does any one know of a combination of spoiler and rack that would utilize these holes ( I doubt it but worth asking). Anyone have a spare trunk lid for a 2006 titanium silver GL1800 lying around cheap:thumbup: Pictures of solutions would be great.

Thanks in advance
Dean

#4 ·
Lowe's sells some plastic plugs that come in different colors, you might get one real close. Or you could use chrome bolts or chrome acorn nuts from a hardware store. Or advertise on this board maybe some would trade you for one that doesn't have a rack on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.