GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve L and I just returned from visiting, had to wait about an hour while the doctors worked on him and found the problem and fixed it at least a temporary fix. He had been bleeding internally since yesterday morning and enough for him to pass out. Doctor said he will have to have a partial colostomy. No cancer but diverticulitis. If he gets this done while he is there recovery time will be quick. So pretty good news that they found and can fix the problem with surgery even as an outpatient if he waits till later. I took a picture of him and told him I would post it, but I have a new camera and have not figured out how to get the pictures saved to the computer yet. :oops: Even after being abused by the doctors he was still the 5Ross we know in good spirits and complaining that he was hungry. :lol: He also wanted to know how the Wingstock rides went. :D

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Colostamy ?? That means he will hardly ever need to stop on a ride while the rest of us are standing inline at the 7-11!!! LOL!!!

Glad to hear the news. Thanks!

Bradford

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ross & Joyce,

This is the first that we have heard of this problem, as we were away this weekend on Business.

We will try and make a phone connection this evening.

God's Speed!

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm very glad to hear that he is gong to be ok. Best wishs and speedy recovery to 5Ross !

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Colostamy ?? That means he will hardly ever need to stop on a ride while the rest of us are standing inline at the 7-11!!!
I know you probably meant well, but I really don't think that making fun of that condition is funny.

JMHO, of course.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks for the update, Bill. We've been worrying. If you hear anything else, please let us know.

Becky

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just afraid I posted too much info and yet not enough the Doctor said only a partial removal (like 1/3) and there would be normal function and no bag or anything! Please don't read in more than it is.
Thanks, Bill

Bradford, I think that it is OK to look for the positive side :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thank you for that clarification, Bill. Even better news!
Becky

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ain't no drag, 5Ross got a brand new bag........

Glad to see that 5Ross is doing OK with what we occasionally refer to as a "semi-colon". Once everything is reconnected and the bag is a thing of the past, he should likely be back to a more normal (i.e., no bleeding) existence. Prayers go out for his speedy and complete recovery.

A friend of mine (ER doc) had the same thing done several years ago. He and his wife were driving around a nearby lake when he started having severe abdominal pain. He drove straight to his own ER and was X-rayed and CT'd to confirm severe leakage. He came out with a colostomy, which remained for a short time, then went back in for the follow-up procedure to remove the colostomy and he returned to normal function.

I can't tell you how many patients I have seen who allowed similar pain to continue for several days, only to find that sepsis (severe infection) had occurred along with the bleeding/leakage.

·
Registered
399 Posts
My daughter had 1/3 of her colon removed a couple of years ago.... for the same reason.....diverticulosis......she was back to work in 2 weeks and riding horses in 3 weeks........none the worse for the wear.....joy

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
Colostamy ?? That means he will hardly ever need to stop on a ride while the rest of us are standing inline at the 7-11!!!
I know you probably meant well, but I really don't think that making fun of that condition is funny.

JMHO, of course.
Then you don't know Ross!

kma

Bradford

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I'm sorry I missed the first post about Ross.

I'm glad to hear that the news looks good. Best wishes, Ross. I look forward to having you back on the forum! :capwin:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
No, not personally. It was just a statement I wasn't afraid to make.

Glad to hear that his condition is not as bad as most thought, and I wish him a speedy recovery!

Sorry you had to be so childish in your reply.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I like others missed the first post but I am glad that it will be OK.

Get well soon 5Ross!!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Ross,

Sorry I missed the first post. We'll be praying for your speedy recovery. Don't give the nurses too much grief pal. I am glad to hear that they found the problem and you are doing better.

Hope to see you out there.

Don aka Beastie

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
No, not personally. It was just a statement I wasn't afraid to make.

Glad to hear that his condition is not as bad as most thought, and I wish him a speedy recovery!

Sorry you had to be so childish in your reply.
Actually childish is what you would get from an 27 year old raised by his grandmother.

I'm a 50 year old redneck with a sense of humor. Something you apparently know very little about.

Bradford

1 - 20 of 21 Posts