GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In late June we were ambushed by a deer and thereafter sent the Wing to a local dealership who had the bike for two months starting in first of July.

During this time I had to personally make contact with accessory dealers to give dealership part numbers (Air Wings & Wind Bender) to make the orders. The right mirror was on back order for a very long time (not their fault) but when it came in they had forgotten to order some of the accessories.

Almost took delivery until upon jumping the bike to start it leaked antifreeze for about 10 - 15 minutes while I changed into riding gear and then when I went to get it they were putting oil in the bike. For this the General Manager gave me an Extended Warranty to help my anxiety. Said one of the antifreeze lines was cut.

Came back and later got the bike, rode a day, and sent back because of leaking antifreeze (again). They replaced one radiator and asked if I had hit anything - lol- how's about a deer that the hair was still in the bike when I dropped it off! Also had to fix fairing as the entire thing was bent to one side and showed up when they tried putting the black piece around the ignition switch back on- would not fit.

Just prior to leaving for vacation (yeah - saw Yellow Wolf, Hedo, Cycledude, & CJS at Gap) they fixed the radiator but didn't have time to fix the fairing. I also changed the oil back to Amsoil and noticed that even though when wrecked the bike had dirt all over valve covers and oil leaking onto pavement - my original Amsoil filter was still on bike!

Less than 100 miles from home the right top air vent fell out and later noticed that the temp. gauge did not work, the rear trim pieces were loose, the CB antennae was mounted backwords (folding down wrong direction when I went to cover it), & the mirror was loose.

Dropped bike BACK off this last Tuesday with the above laundry list. Received my first phone call Friday saying the bike was done. Went yesterday evening to get it and come to find out that the trim was not tighened and the black piece around the ignition switch was put on using double sided tape because the snaps underneath were broken!

Went to Service Manger AND General Manager (mechanic had left already) told him about it and left the bike to be fixed correctly.

All in all- they've have had my bike (less two weeks) since first of July and is still not fixed correctly. I still have not received any paper work from Honda about my Extended Warranty.

QUESTION- Who do I contact to lodge my complaint? Is there such a thing as a Regional Supervisor for Honda dealerships? Have a contact number(s)?

Thanks... sigh

P

·
0 Posts
If this was covered by insurance, call them and let them do the talking.

Pat

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Einzig

from the sound of things i would b concerned about all the possible things they didn't get fixed besides the monnor things u already noticed, that bike might have a lot of hidden damage that they just ignored that could cause u or the next owner expensive problems in the future

i would take Pbird49 advice and talk to your insurance company

it was nice meeting u folks at Deals Gap, i was watching for u at WOTS and the BBQ but never saw u

maybe we will see u at the breakfast, it might b far enough for u to make an ironbutt ride out of it but b sure to bring your heated clothes cuz it can get pretty cold up here at nite this time of year
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=65137

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Very sorry to hear that the dealer is such an A$$ !!!!
Ditto on the unsurance contact.
Care to tell us who the dealer is, so that we steer clear?
Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not trying to argue with good suggestions - but what good will it do to contact the insurance company as they have already "cut" the check that went to Honda Financial?

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
Einzig said:
Not trying to argue with good suggestions - but what good will it do to contact the insurance company as they have already "cut" the check that went to Honda Financial?
well they paid the dealler to fix the bike and it ain't fixed, believe me they will b able to put some serious pressure on them to get it fixed rite and pronto, the only problem may be that u probably already signed off saying it was fixed but i am sure they can work around that if they want to

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Einzig said:
Why did they cut the check to Honda Financial. Did they total it?

In the past, when having a deer hit on my car fixed, they wrote the check to both me and the finance company and we both had to endorse it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attempted to contact Mother Honda today to deal with this issue.
(866) 784-1870

(I know - I'm crazy.)

Talked to a nice lady who listened for a little while then interrupted to say that she would make a note of it and put in the complaint.

I told her that I had made up a simple timeline with dates & events that I could conveniently fax to her, but she said she could not receive such. I also asked for the Regional Supervisor's name and she said that she couldn't give out that information and to contact the dealership. She never took any information.

Contacted dealership #2 (didn't want to deal with orginal):
Was given the 800 number to order a bike.

Contacted dealership #3
Said that he could not give me the Regional Supervisor's name due to an agreement with Mother Honda. But he did listen a while and said that he would take my fax / timeline and get with the Regional Supervisor and "get back" with me.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
NEVER accept a vehicle without looking at all visable equipment and body for damage and checking fuction of ALL gauges and equipment. Any problems are a real good reason not to take the vehicle from the dealership. Sounds like your dealer REALLY sucks...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do agree with that. During the first pick up there was 3 of us looking the bike over. Caught a few things. We were crawling all over & looking.

Just that each time something else seems to be wrong after I get it home & I don't catch it until I wash the bike.

Maybe next time I need to take my cleaning stuff! :lol:

Just told minutes ago by a guy at #3 dealership that tomorrow a Regional Rep should be contacting me as he talked to him today.

Just love being told, "We'll call ya" or "I'll get back with ya" or "Give you a call."

·
Registered
552 Posts
Einzig said:
Is there such a thing as a Regional Supervisor for Honda dealerships? Have a contact number(s)?
Yes... google Honda of Torrrance and you will get a bunch of contact numbers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks Cycledude

Sounds like we really should call the insurance company. I'm sure your right, they can put the pressure on. I'm really tired of making the 20 mile + trip down there to pickup a bike that isn't done yet! Sit for over and hour to be told sorry we don't have it ready yet. Done this 4 times to date. Don't get me wrong, hubby pays for dinner each time. Yeeeea Hawwww.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Riva Honda in Pompano Beach, FL gave me similar treatment. After several visits back there I finished fixing the bike myself; it was easier and safer.
The key fob still doesn't fit right and the dashboard piece where the windshield is attached is butchered, but it runs well.
I plan to ride it into the ground anyhow.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Many, Many on the board know your pain. We spend 20K+ on a bike and cane get reliable service that we trust. On one of these boards is a post just about good / bad dealers. Don't be shy about naming names. Informed consumers want to know.

Definitely find another dealer and ask to speak to their Goldwing mechanic. If he is younger than about 30 he doesn't have the experience. Not sure where you live, but Mountain Adventures Honda in Kodak, Tn has a great Goldwing mechanic. They stay booked several days out so I had to make an appointment. Completed all warranty issues ahead of time and even washed the bike before delivering back to me.

G

·
0 Posts
While I, without question, understand your frustration at this, understand that (for better or worse), you're not Honda of America's customer. The dealership is the one that's Honda's customer; the dealer is the one that buys the motorcycles Honda makes.

Does having a franchise acting in this fashion bode poorly for the Honda of America? You bet. Nevertheless, I hope you can see Honda’s dilemma and why they may be hesitant to put any heat onto this dealer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tomorrow have appointment to pick up wing (again). Had to be Friday as the General Manager would be there to "make sure everything was ok."

I know that I will be in a hurry though because we have a weekend campout color ride planned with friends & family to southern Ohio and we are all meeting up at 5:30pm.

Still have NOT heard anything from the Regional Service Supervisor from mother Honda.

I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
782 Posts
This may not help but you can give it a try. A local TV station here takes on consumer complaints and follows the story over a month or two. It’s kind of like a little “60 Minutes” segment. See if anyone locally does this and ask them what they say. A little bad press might give the dealership a chance to think about customer service.

You could just tell the dealership you are going to do it and see what they say.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts