GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I have ridden a couple of time this year, and the wing is gulping down the fuel.

I was at a friends house tonight and when I fired up to leave you could really smell it running "rich". I sat there and we talked a few minutes and the "rich" smell was still there.

I rode home and it seems to run fine, but the fuel gauge it moving way too fast.

I read that the ECM would reset if I fired it up cold and don't touch the throttle until the fans kick on. It's a 2001 and has had the ECM recall done in 2002.

I think the recall was to "richen" it up to reduce the chances of overheating.

Anybody had any experience with this ??????????????

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred.
I'm sure it not mice. I just put an air cleaner and plugs about a month ago, and it's stored in a heated and very well sealed garage.
I had the battery disconnected for a couple of weeks during winter maintenance and I thought that maybe the Ecm had a "default" setting that it reverted to.
The sun will come out soon and I give it a long, fast ride and see what happens then.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was my thought. 80,000 miles , it's about time to service the emission system.

Honda has a service kit that includes both O2 sensors for $167. That's not bad and will eliminate one of the causes.

I assume that all that would be left is the fuel pressure regulator, and that can be easily checked with a gauge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts