GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently retired, now I have the time to ride, I would like to hear from other retired folks, or folks that have not retired in the Birmingham area, that would like to get together and do some riding.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I live in Springville which is NE of Birmingham and east of you. I am retired and usually ride with Tigger but he cannot get out as much as I can so I ride a lot solo also. How do you like to ride and where do you like to ride.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Springville which is NE of Birmingham and east of you. I am retired and usually ride with Tigger but he cannot get out as much as I can so I ride a lot solo also. How do you like to ride and where do you like to ride.
Hi, I know where Springville is, very nice area, I like to ride mostly north of my area, I think the better riding roads are up there, I like to ride new roads that I haven't been on before, and roads with some twisty's on them, I like to ride the back roads, and only the interstate when I need to get somehwere in a hurry, I like to ride in good weather, and when the temp. is above 50. Tell me how you like to ride.

Tommy

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Rubber side down, shiny side up, right Richard?:lol:

·
Registered
952 Posts
I wish you retired guys would just keep it to yourselves!!!! Us working stiffs don't want to hear it!! :x

Just kidding. :joke:

Y'all enjoy!! :congrats:

I'll be with you in a short while. :thumbup:

-Dan

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi, I know where Springville is, very nice area, I like to ride mostly north of my area, I think the better riding roads are up there, I like to ride new roads that I haven't been on before, and roads with some twisty's on them, I like to ride the back roads, and only the interstate when I need to get somehwere in a hurry, I like to ride in good weather, and when the temp. is above 50. Tell me how you like to ride.

Tommy
I like to ride about the same way although I try to keep the Interstate miles down, to boring. I do like to ride to somewhere but a smell the flowers loop is OK. I ususally put on 300 or 400 a day. I ride twisties and swithcbacks but am slowing down because of a bad wreck back in 06, that is what Ezondi is refering too. I am always looking for people to ride with and new places to go so I am open to all just a couple of days notice. I have my routes and you have yours let's just pick a place and go. I wouldn't mind using this site to post rides and everyone just jump in if they want, there are a lot more members in Al than I knew! I'll ride below 50 but not much since I don't have gerbings.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I wish you retired guys would just keep it to yourselves!!!! Us working stiffs don't want to hear it!! :x

Just kidding. :joke:

Y'all enjoy!! :congrats:

I'll be with you in a short while. :thumbup:

-Dan
All them folks in Texas ride, what are you talking about. Once you retire you will find a lot of time to ride and no one to ride with!! It's really bad when you are single like me and everyone else is married and their Wives won't let them come out and play.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like to ride about the same way although I try to keep the Interstate miles down, to boring. I do like to ride to somewhere but a smell the flowers loop is OK. I ususally put on 300 or 400 a day. I ride twisties and swithcbacks but am slowing down because of a bad wreck back in 06, that is what Ezondi is refering too. I am always looking for people to ride with and new places to go so I am open to all just a couple of days notice. I have my routes and you have yours let's just pick a place and go. I wouldn't mind using this site to post rides and everyone just jump in if they want, there are a lot more members in Al than I knew! I'll ride below 50 but not much since I don't have gerbings
I think we should plan to meet soon for a ride, a 300 to 400 mile day ride is fine with me, after all we are riding on wing's, looks like the middle of next week is going to be in the 60's with no rain, at least that is what "James Spann" said? If you want my phone number, let me know & I will "PM" it to you, and as you said.

"I wouldn't mind using this site to post rides and everyone just jump in if they want, there are a lot more members in Al than I knew!" Is great with me, the more people I meet the better.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Richard, good to see you riding again. I was the guy that bought the backrest from you.
Yes I sold off parts and had to buy them back again. Do you ever ride with David M up there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts